Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my current greddy suspension with a better drag suspension. Would like to run the HKS Hypermax Drag suspension but seems they dont make a set for our cars. Who's Using what? I'm running 6.6 1/8 mile with my current setup but want to better my hooking ability. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
6.6! JEEZ thats fast as hell. Are you turbo? Have you made the other suspention changes like heim jointed arms and subframe lockdowns?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm did a 2jz swap a while back and am running a precision Pt-66GTQ turbine, SARD 850cc injectors, HKS 264 cams and AEM ecu. What exactly are the subframe lockdowns? I'm about to swap out my stock bushings with trd for the subframe with the metal collars to stiffin it up.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
something soft in the rear and stiff in the front will definitely help with the weight transfer and hook-up.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'm did a 2jz swap a while back and am running a precision Pt-66GTQ turbine, SARD 850cc injectors, HKS 264 cams and AEM ecu. What exactly are the subframe lockdowns? I'm about to swap out my stock bushings with trd for the subframe with the metal collars to stiffin it up.
I wouldnt bother with the trd bushings if you are going to get the collars. They are locks if you get from ikeya formula, as in they lock the subfame in place.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Are your rear wheels at 0 camber yet? If not, get modified lower arms and Megan trailing link to get the tires square to have the best off the line traction. Nothing else is important until you get the camber dialed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I was thinking of buying new stock bushings with the aftermarket collars. I think I blew a bushing cause I got some pretty bad wheel hop now. I also found that the automatic diffs only have one bushing vice two that the manual ones do, so I need to put the additional bushing in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts