Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best dealer to get your car serviced at in Toronto? I'm not too fond of Scarborough Lexus after a moron there tried selling me a damaged 2001 IS300 with OVER 100,000km for $30,000... and then pretty much saying I'm crazy when I said the price was too high. He also lied about the mileage over the phone to get me into the dealership. I haven't heard much good things about that dealership either.

So I guess it's between Ken Shaw, Don Valley and Richmond Hill (did I forget any?) for servicing close to the GTA. Which one is the best???

·
Registered
638 Posts
the people at Kenshaw are pretty cool and seem very honest
however, i try to stay away from getting servicing at the lexus dealership because its just too expensive
personally i recommend going to the dealer only if it is REALLY necessary, unless u r like super rich and money ain't a thing

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Don Valley is hit and miss sometimes I think. Sometimes they are very good but then other times they can be completely stupid. I guess it depends on who you get there at the time. Their main used car sales man is a bit of slime ball, he will lie and try to bait and switch people when selling any used car they have.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Lexus of Oakville is great. But on the west side of the city. Give
Dennis a shout and tell him Jakob sent you from the IS board.

j

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boman said:
Lexus of Oakville is great. But on the west side of the city. Give
Dennis a shout and tell him Jakob sent you from the IS board.

j
Oakville is more than a bit too far for me. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
zerokarma said:
Don Valley is hit and miss sometimes I think. Sometimes they are very good but then other times they can be completely stupid. I guess it depends on who you get there at the time. Their main used car sales man is a bit of slime ball, he will lie and try to bait and switch people when selling any used car they have.
for real, his name is Fabro isn't it? He just sold me my IS, and he's driving me nuts calling me all the time begging me to be nice to him in the survey that lexus will send me soon, (Since he knows I wasn't happy with the hasstle I had to go through to prevent him from ripping me off). He is the only regret I have in my IS purchase :pissed:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
racorbit said:
for real, his name is Fabro isn't it? He just sold me my IS, and he's driving me nuts calling me all the time begging me to be nice to him in the survey that lexus will send me soon, (Since he knows I wasn't happy with the hasstle I had to go through to prevent him from ripping me off). He is the only regret I have in my IS purchase :pissed:
Is this an older european looking male that you are referring to?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
HAHAA, I just came from Don Valley
The guy that sold me the car was named Chadwick, and he was alright...a little pushing, but tried to accomodate me. You'll want to talk to the sales manager...I think his name is Peter. I have references that you can use to help score you a better deal.

The service manager is a guy named Mike, and kudos to him. He took care of me and saved me a few hundred in paint repairs (probably their fault to begin with, but I didn't have to fight for it). You'll also find Ping in the service department, and he's a good guy...just make sure you treat him like a human being and not a hoity toity snob.

Regular Maintenance Service will cost you 198CDN, and Lubrication service will cost you about 70CDN. If you want synthetic oil, they'll charge an extra $40 for the mobil one stuff.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Crester said:
Is this an older european looking male that you are referring to?
Somewhat older (late 30's maybe early 40's) and definately European.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ken Shaw has a good reputation but lately has been dropping the ball. A friend had a serious problem misdiagnosed 3 times (with 3 different sets of unnecesarry repairs) in the last week before they finally found the problem. Good coffee though.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
happysmp said:
The service manager is a guy named Mike, and kudos to him. He took care of me and saved me a few hundred in paint repairs (probably their fault to begin with, but I didn't have to fight for it). You'll also find Ping in the service department, and he's a good guy...just make sure you treat him like a human being and not a hoity toity snob.

Regular Maintenance Service will cost you 198CDN, and Lubrication service will cost you about 70CDN. If you want synthetic oil, they'll charge an extra $40 for the mobil one stuff.
There was one mechanic at Don Valley that I had that was really nice. I asked him how to take out parts of the dash... and he actually printed out those sections of the manual for me. Really helped as the genuine Toyota manuals show you where every single screw and clip is.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So... the general impression is that Ken Shaw is the best for service? My Dad gets his GS300 serviced there.

Also... should I be getting a loaner car for regular servicing? Last time I had my car serviced at Don Valley... and I just had somebody drive me to and from work since I work close by.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
racorbit said:
for real, his name is Fabro isn't it?
Haha yea that's him, he'll call and bug you a lot. He's very pushy, I got pissed off at him because he kept calling my work a few times calling the wrong extension and bugging people to find me.

I told him specifically I wasn't interested in any used IS300 he had unless it was Blue. So what does he do, every week or two he calls me leaving me a voice mail that "he thinks a blue one is coming in" then when I call him he tells me it is actually Red or Silver or White or whatever else, then he goes into his BAIT AND SWITCH routine trying to sell me something I didn't want.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Back to the original topic, you might want to try Erin Park Lexus. My boss has bought a few Lexus cars and suv's from there over the years and he has had nothing but praise for Erin Park Lexus.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Zero - I'll just PM you if a blue one comes in... ;)

Crester - If you're getting a major repair, or warranty work you
would/should be entitled to a loaner. You should flat out ask for
one. I know that it's part of the warranty to get a loaner.

recorbit - Man, sales guys like that piss me off...I used to work
with a dude like that - would always pull shit on people, and his
co-workers... but then again the whole car industry is effed.
There definitely needs to be a change in the way things work :pissed:
My last employer stole a $1500 paycheque after I quit -
a huge dealership.

To get back at that guy, make sure you give him all good but not
excellent on the survey. Also make sure to add in the comments that you had
a problem but it was rectified (or whatever happened, but they
made it better, that's why you gave them a "good" score)
Dealerships only get customer service survey points if they
score perfect

j

1 - 16 of 16 Posts