Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the factory yellows and I'm feeling like stimulating the economy with some pure white color.

Can someone recommend a good vendor?

Also, are there better foglight bulbs than stock? Im happy with the color, but if they were brighter I wouldn't mind.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
As far as your daytime running lights go, you can get luminics bulbs. I have their JDM yellow bulbs and they look really sick. They are also brighter than the factory bulbs. The factory bulbs if im correct run at 55 watts but the luminic bulbs run at 65 watts and when at full power (high beam) they produce light equivalent to 140 something watts! Here is their website. Just keep in mind when you upgrade bulbs you must watch for wattage. If you put to ohigh of a wattage bulb it can burn the harness and cause a fire hazard. 65 watts though is safe. Alot of IS owners can testify to that. :)

Luminics USA - Luminics Headlight Bulbs

You can get either the titanium white or ultra white, or if you want to splurge go for the krypton series bulbs for like 10 dollars more. Not really necessary to get the krypton ones, its purely an, "I want the best of the best thing." :)

As far as the fogs go, I cant remember off the top of my head but depending on the year of your IS, it uses either an H3 bulb or 9006 bulb. I hope someone can correct me on this. I do not know if there are higher wattage bulbs you can use, since the factory bulb has a special type of harness that I have never seen on aftermarket lights. I strongly suggest though you upgrade your fogs to HIDs. Just remember your factory fog casing has a yellow lense inside so your only choice is to go with 3000k (yellow) HID bulbs. If you go with anything higher, the blue tint in the white light will make your fogs appear green. lol
The JDM fog lights have a clear lense by the way. Get your kit from HIDextra.com. IT is so freaking easy to install its not even funny. Taking the front bumper off is super easy too. Seriously just get HID fogs, it is so sick looking. I can help you with the DIY if you need.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
you need to sand off the yellow first then put in some piaa xtreme whites or 6000k HIDs and done. if you dont sand off the yellow no matter what bulb you put in itll be some color other than white.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nokya Arctic White will look more white for the DRLs. They are pretty bluish when you use the high beams, and thus don't work as well as the bulbs that look an orangey-yellow as DRLs, but I feel like the HIDs are bright enough that I don't use the high beams very often.

Got mine at automotivelightingusa.com

·
Registered
293 Posts
I picked up the noyka 2500 bulbs for my DRL's and I love them. Good color during the day and at night when I need my brights they do a great job of lighting up the area. very happy with them, but I see you didn't want yellow but these bulbs are very nice. Just some food for thought.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.