Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a cheap turbo kit to install at home. Preferably under 2k. I’ve never put a turbo on a car and would love to do it myself. My goal is around 300 hp what would you suggest.

·
Registered
142 Posts
CX Racing or XS Power piping/FMIC kit, and piecing together your own turbo, wastegate, and BOV. You can try your luck with piggy backs as well (or find a reputable tuner that can tune for you on these) or go full standalone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From reading around here CX Racing and XS Power seem to be the two turbo kits on the lower end of the price spectrum. I was looking to go NA-T as well, as I wanted something reliable however after much consideration I'm thinking of just going with an Aristo Swap with an aristo ECU.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My swap experience has been swapping a sr20 redtop into a 93 240sx which is literally a connector change and swapping the motor mounts which was cake. Reading what's involved with the IS300 NA-T is actually what persuaded me to plan to go Aristo with the Aristo ECU. The car is my weekend car so inspection and OBD compatibility are not essential however the hard part about NA-T seems to be the tuning. I came from the LS word were tuning is cake but Lexus seems to have made an ECU that likes to kick out a piggy back and run it's stock map, that alone concerned me enough just to say f it and go full Aristo. But no I'm actually not going to be doing the swap myself I'm going to have a guy that works on Supras hopefully handle it for me. Many of my friends own Mk4 supras and all go this guy so I know I'm in good hands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts