Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by Best Buy today to buy a cheap $400 computer/monitor combo as a Christmas present for my little brother and sister. Their 150mhz computer finally died. So I walked in and got one of those stupid high school dorks and told him which computer I wanted. He proceeded to tell me "Did you know that we don't get paid commission like some other stores" and then tried to push a more expensive computer on me. The only thing my bro and sis do on the computer is use AOHell, NO they didn't need a more powerful computer, NO they don't play any games, NO I didn't want to switch to MSN internet service. Then he tried to get me to buy all this other crap, "For $100 you can get this starter package for the computer, for $150 you can get an extended 3 year warranty, here you need this $30 USB cable, look at these software packages we have for half off." If I had let the jerk talk me into all the extra crap it would have been another $400. He must have looked at me and saw asian and female and immediately thought gullible. The first thing you're suppose to think when you see an asian female is "they're all cheap bitches" and let it go at that. He wasted 2 hours of my time, argh he really ticked me off!

This is the first time I've ever bought a computer at Best Buy, usually I buy online or go to Circuit City, but never again!

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
You're an idiot...do you know that?

Best Buy does things for the CUSTOMER...and don't get paid on commission, like CC does..who just sell anything to make a quick buck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
You're an idiot...do you know that?

Best Buy does things for the CUSTOMER...and don't get paid on commission, like CC does..who just sell anything to make a quick buck.
she's in medical school, you on other hand are a raging pimple-faced high school dweeb who thinks he knows everything about the world. stfu

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
sir antonio said:
she's in medical school, you on other hand are a raging pimple-faced high school dweeb who thinks he knows everything about the world. stfu
Coming from Antonio...that really hurts...but she is in MED school and PROBABLY does not know too much about buying computers.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
What the hell does being in Med School have to do with anything? That does not make you smarter than everybody else. If she was that smart she could have gotten a better computer (Dell) for less price and not deal with a live human.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
UW IS300 said:
What the hell does being in Med School have to do with anything? That does not make you smarter than everybody else. If she was that smart she could have gotten a better computer (Dell) for less price and not deal with a live human.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
sir antonio said:
Coming from Antonio...that really hurts...but she is in MED school and PROBABLY does not know too much about buying computers.
how does not knowing about computers make her an "idiot", as you so claimed in your response to her? let me guess, you work at best buy and were offended by her comments.

·
Registered
48 Posts
UW IS300 said:
it would be quite difficult for clueless dumbfucks such as yourself and impulse to be admitted to medical school. that is my point. by the way, dell is crap and overpriced. perhaps you didn't read the part about her wanting a basic computer for her younger siblings rather than for geekoids such as yourself who need a state of the line system since their whole lives evolve around it.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
sir antonio said:
UW IS300 said:
it would be quite difficult for clueless dumbfucks such as yourself and impulse to be admitted to medical school. that is my point. by the way, dell is crap and overpriced. perhaps you didn't read the part about her wanting a basic computer for her younger siblings rather than for geekoids such as yourself who need a state of the line system since their whole lives evolve around it.
Hmmm...you can sit here and assume that I'm a dumbfuck if that makes you feel more secure. And while she's paying $400 for a nice Celeron computer with 90 day warranty, Dell has P4 1.8mhz selling for $350 with 1 yr warranty shipped to your door.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FWIW, I already own a Dell p4 2.4ghz computer. While the computer runs great, I'm a little disappointed that I should have a $150 mail in rebate for this computer, and they sent me a check for only $100. No big deal, I have copies of all the paperwork, but it's still a pain in the ass to have to get that sorted out.

Also, the $400 computer includes a monitor. For $400 I could have gotten another Dell celeron 1.8 mhz, but there's no way that I could get both a computer and a monitor for that price.

BTW Impulse, do you work for Best Buy? You came across as awful defensive.

·
Registered
823 Posts
UW IS300 said:
Hmmm...you can sit here and assume that I'm a dumbfuck if that makes you feel more secure. And while she's paying $400 for a nice Celeron computer with 90 day warranty, Dell has P4 1.8mhz selling for $350 with 1 yr warranty shipped to your door.
:lol:

Wow, what a great deal. I think I have an IBM PS/2 with a 386SX 25MHz processor. I'll let it go for $200 shipped to your door!

Isn't it great when you fuck up when defending yourself from being called a dumbfuck?

·
Registered
201 Posts
BB isnt paid on commission but they will be persistence by pushing extended guarantee with everyone. they dont make commission off that, but the store needs the numbers. also, the company make the highest percentage from selling ANY accessories.. it can be over a 50% markup.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
sir antonio said:
how does not knowing about computers make her an "idiot", as you so claimed in your response to her? let me guess, you work at best buy and were offended by her comments.
Far from it...but making a thread saying BestBuy sucks because she does not understand a thing about buying a computer..makes her an idiot.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
sir antonio said:
Thats why I'll be attending UCLA Law School..too dumb to get into Med school..and which Med school is it?

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
sir antonio said:
Thats why I'll be attending UCLA Law School..too dumb to get into Med school..and which Med school is it?

Hello ImpulseXvX! :lol:

UCLA Law School?! WOW! :eek: You need a f*ckin high LSAT score to get into UCLA! Congrats bud! 8)

I'm applying to UCLA and UC-Berkeley for an MBA. Wish me luck! :)

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
The store isnt making any money on the actual box. The store makes their money on options.

Did you know Dell actually sells their boxes at a loss??? Their revenues come from memory upgrades and options like that.

Thats why you were being pressured (not saying it was right). Best Buy offered the $350 dollar machine to get you INTO the store. Then thats when they can try and make money.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
sir antonio said:
considering you're only 19, i highly doubt that ucla law already accepted your dumbass. maybe you didn't know yet, but there's a big difference between getting in and hoping to get in three years into the future, fucktard.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
sir antonio said:
considering you're only 19, i highly doubt that ucla law already accepted your dumbass. maybe you didn't know yet, but there's a big difference between getting in and hoping to get in three years into the future, fucktard.
It is possible....

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
caren said:
sir antonio said:
It is possible....

It's "IM"possible for me. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts