Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what were the best brake pads for use in everyday driving (non-aggressive). The things that i am looking for are low noise, and the absolute lowest amount of brake dust. I have chrome rims and its a huge hassle to clean them. Price is not a factor... any feedback would be appreciated! thanks!

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
I was wondering what were the best brake pads for use in everyday driving (non-aggressive). The things that i am looking for are low noise, and the absolute lowest amount of brake dust. I have chrome rims and its a huge hassle to clean them. Price is not a factor... any feedback would be appreciated! thanks!
stock/akebono

dude, there are tons of thread asking the same question you are asking, all you need to do is search for it. stock brakes work perfect for your situation. if you want better pedal feel upgrade to SS lines and better fliud. Any pad upgrade over stock will dust more

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
yea all i really wanted to know was if any pads would reduce dust. the other threads are looking more for performance. im only lookin to get less dust.
pepboys lifetime brake pads?

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
OEM (stock)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
OEM stock.......

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Hey Pat, Paul doesn't work for JIC anymore the new fella's name is Ben. I just met up with him last night and dropped off my coils, kinda like a drug deal but with suspension LOL. My HnRs are on Sang's ride. I will let you know how it goes. As for the shop meet LMK.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Hey Pat, Paul doesn't work for JIC anymore the new fella's name is Ben. I just met up with him last night and dropped off my coils, kinda like a drug deal but with suspension LOL. My HnRs are on Sang's ride. I will let you know how it goes. As for the shop meet LMK.
sounds good. do you think you can work something out for me with ben? lets meet up next week. i have my CPA exam today so this week has been crazy for me. i'll see if i can get B's stock suspension then, i think he's got a set laying around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts