Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to know three things here, but before you answer I need to make mention that I do not want to lose stock caliper and I will have 17 on the car. I want to get the biggest rotor possible that will fit so I will need to know size also....THANKS

1. Whats the best slotted (not dilled) rotor
2. Whats is the price
3. Where can I get it

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
umm... you have one choice: The Stock Size.

There are no kits out at the moment that offer bigger rotors with stock calipers, I believe Power Slot may have one in dev though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
umm... you have one choice: The Stock Size.

There are no kits out at the moment that offer bigger rotors with stock calipers, I believe Power Slot may have one in dev though.
He speeks the truth, you cannot go to a bigger rotor w/o extending the caliper bracket.

Personally I always buy Brembo rotors.

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
Why do you think you could fit a bigger rotor and keep the stock caliper? That's like saying I want to keep the stock trunk, but fit a whale in it!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Unless there's any aftermarket kit to adjust the mounting of the stock caliper, you aren't going larger. End of story.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I posted a request on RacingBrake.com to develop a new OE brake kit, using larger 1/2 piece rotors while retaining the original caliper.

This is the Original post, OE Caliper Brake Kit for Lexus IS300 - RacingBrake Forums

This is an example of other OE Brake Kits available, 350Z - RacingBrake.com

And here is a post i made on another IS250/300/350 site, OE Caliper Brake Kit for Lexus IS300 from RacingBrake! - ISfanatics.com

You guys can feel free and ask questions on RB's site on this possible new product, If the demand is high, they could bring this product out soon. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts