Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Witch air intake is the best to get. I dont want to change the ECU or anything just the a after market air intake.

·
Registered
548 Posts
plp silent flow. that is if you don't want to wire in an safc. you will quickly see that many that have bought the SRT with recu are selling them off because they want more power. (headers) :-?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
If you don't wanna mod your ECU, get the PLP or JoeZ Intake...if you think about it...the only reason why SRT really get that much hp is because of the RECU...

Look at Injen, RMM, K&N, AEM (Loose of hp for AEM), all of these are simular to the SRT but without ECU, they give out less hp than PLP's 8.7rwhp...so from my opinion get the PLP or JoeZ, they are abit quiet but I would prefer that, I had the A51 before and it gave me more power at high end but sometimes on low end it loses abit hp, not concerning me at all, still a nice intake.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
are u going for an open element intake or an intake that uses the stock filter/airbox?

open element i recommend Injen
stock filter/airbox then go for the PLP or JoeZ

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
tgallon said:
I dont want to change the ECU or anything just the a after market air intake.
i dont think he wants that...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just want to put a after market intake system on. I know its not going to give me really anymore power but maybe a hoursepower or 2. I want to have a more growel, nice sound when i rev. I dont want one of them intake systems that take HP away.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
srt wit good gains around 10hp plp w/o ecu around 7-8 but a bit louder den quiet but seriously u wont notice it much..its like barely
srt sounds supercharged :p with good gains 2, addin exhaust will lose low end tho but nice high end kicking in

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
PLP pipe or JOE Z pipe with TRD filter should work great.
I'd also suggest the new K&N fipk intake. looks promising as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.