Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The below photo is of my mom's white Audi Q5 that she left parked under a berry tree for couple of days. The hood and some side panels got totally bombed by berries resulting in what I believe to be a berry fruit acid staining the paint. These stains are honestly almost impossible to remove. The photo that I have shown is actual photo after I soaked and washed the car. I tried using clay bar with lots of lubrication and it does not pick up much residue at all, it seems like the stains have actually etched the paint. I also tried Meguiers prewax cleaner, and it's not effective at all. I tried Meguiers Scratch X and that seems to make a tiny improvement, but it would literally take an entire day to clean that hood, plus I'm sure I will introduce some further minor scratches with using this product which I will have to machine polish out. I will most likely will have to seek professional help, which I believe would be via machine polishing with more abrasive pads / compound. I'm just a little bit hesitant about someone burning the paint if they try to put too much in to it. If anyone has any ideas please chime in, also any recommendations on a professional detailer in North / Central New Jersey?

(I will upload the photo later on as I'm unable to do it from work) grrr

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
A legit pro should have a paint depth gauge so they shouldn't burn the paint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts