Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
They have to stage a "crash" to get rid of the stig. Maybe Top Gear stuntman can finish him off by crashing into him with a caravan.

Maybe we get blue stig. Or Silver stig.

·
27,116 Posts
The white stig outfit was legendary tho...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
The White Stig will be replace by the Red Stig and he will pilot the T-rex megazord.

·
Registered
804 Posts
A friend of mine suggested the red Stig should be next and it should be Kimi. If he doesn't perform in F1 this year, he may be looking for a job. The BBC would like him since he never talks to anyone anyway, so he wouldn't 'out' himself.......

·
27,116 Posts
Kimi would make for a good Stig... he doesn't even need to alter his personality... he's already "cold and isolated".

·
Your Dad
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i doubt they would be getting a new stig...

after all, it's not really official as top gear hasn't even confirmed it yet. could just all be a hoax to stir up thoughts.

and think about it. lap times would be different now because if they get a new driver, he probably wouldn't know the course as well as the current stig.

·
27,116 Posts
But petaa... "the same stig" didn't drive every car on that track anyways.

·
Your Dad
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
But petaa... "the same stig" didn't drive every car on that track anyways.
from proof, we only know two people that have driven cars on the track masked:

black stig and white stig. there have been thoughts of other drivers driving the "special" cars, such as the f1 renault, but it has never been proven.:)

·
27,116 Posts
really IF he is the driver...they should spread rumors of other drivers being the stig and go from there
They should have an episode where Ben Collins AND Stig are on cam at the same time.

·
Class III Aficionado
21,418 Posts
Ben Collins dumped by BBC after being ­unmasked as Top Gear’s The Stig - mirror.co.uk

Ben Collins has been dumped by the BBC after being *unmasked as Top Gear’s The Stig – and he has *already been *replaced.

Our exclusive pictures (below) show the new Stig – the show’s “tame racing driver” – in trademark white jumpsuit and crash helmet at a Top Gear Live event at the Nürburgring racing circuit in Germany on *Friday.

Meanwhile, 1,100 miles away, Collins was snapped pushing his daughters Izzy, three, and Scarlett, 18 months, in toy cars near their home in the West *Country.

The replacement Stig – whose identity is *obviously being kept a closely-guarded secret – has been brought in a week after Formula 3 driver Collins’ identity was *revealed amid a High Court battle over his *autobiography.

BBC bosses claim the book – due out on September 16 – is in breach of a *confidentiality agreement which Collins signed, to keep his name a secret.

The BBC insists that keeping The Stig’s identity a mystery is crucial to his *daredevil role as test driver for Top Gear, which is watched by 350million viewers around the world. Publishers HarperCollins hit back, accusing the Beeb of squandering *licence-fee payers’ money on expensive legal *action. But the show’s executive producer Andy Wilman accused HarperCollins of chasing profits to expose a “harmless” TV secret.

Collins – who has worked as a stunt double for James Bond star Daniel Craig – has played the elusive masked driver since 2003.

Clues to his identity were *uncovered in accounts for his company, Collins Auto-Sport, in December the same year. In it were details of income derived from “driving services for the BBC, mainly in the Top Gear *programme”.

A message posted on the official Top Gear website boasts that the Nürburgring event features “some of the World’s greatest precision drivers, as well as Top Gear’s very own tame racing driver – The Stig”.

Asked about the legal row yesterday, ousted Ben Collins said: “I am not allowed to talk about it.”

Last week the show’s original Stig lifted the lid on his life on the show in an *exclusive interview with the Sunday *Mirror.

Former Formula 1 driver Perry McCarthy, 49, said: “At first it was great fun.

“I lost count of the times I would be standing in a bar and some guy would be going, ‘Of course it’s Michael Schumacher.’ I never said anything.”

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,394 Posts
Must have been kinda shady living like that though. I mean he REALLY had to keep it on the DL. He couldn't tell ANYONE about it so I'm sure they all thought he was running drugs or something all those years.

It's such a silly thing too. Think about knowing this guy for so long and knowing his profession was a secret. I bet it seemed so serious all that time and then come to find out he's The Stig? I'd ROFL till I died.

I bet he's got it made in the shade in terms of $$ though.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts