Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got the IS back today after i crushed my front left fender last week. the body work i got at a local shop was outstanding. it looks just as it was when it was brand new. Here is a before and after picture. the before picture got 323 hits on photopoint!!!

Before and After Pic

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: merlin3008 ]

·
Registered
548 Posts
Originally posted by merlin3008:
i finally got the IS back today after i crushed my front left fender last week. the body work i got at a local shop was outstanding. it looks just as it was when it was brand new. Here is a before and after picture. the before picture got 323 hits on photopoint!!!
(snip snip)
merlin3008,

what did you hit? That was major accident..

·
Registered
756 Posts
What are you people doing to your cars?
Repair work looks good though.....can't tell......just hope that the dealer can't tell when you trade in your car in the future...they tend to deduct value from a car if it's been in an accident

·
Registered
114 Posts
So what did they do? Did they replaced the fender or patched (filled up etc)? If is a leased car patching is fine - but if is your car replacing the fender is the right path. No matter how good it was patched, that fender area is subject to frequent water contact and will corrode from the inside out. My 2 cents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
Taino
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing