Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you read the new review at Edmunds - http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/46528/article.html it states that

"A slapfight ensued as to whether or not the costly ecsaine is real suede or a reasonable facsimile; we contacted Lexus public relations to settle the deal. Turns out that it's a synthetic material. The fake stuff. For $1,705."

They still really liked the car but don't use leather cleaner on that perforated insert, it might really mess it up.

Just FYI

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Hahaha...well, that clinches it up for me--the people at Edmunds are idjits.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought people knew too, but you would be surprised how many owners I have talked to that said, wow, I assumed it was suede.

In their defense, the Lexus advertising does a good job of tiptoeing around the word leather when describing the Leather Ecsaine package...

Too funny...

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by SilverLex:
Has anyone determined whether or not we have turbo?

LOL

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
can't u get all leather options on your IS300 in america?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Do you think the all leather option will be better than the escaine/leather combo? At first I hated looking at the combo... but now I think it looks fine. Im getting a 2002 IS ASAP so hm.. just wondering which one I should get?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I've noticed how a lot of people say that they hate the Ecsaine seating surfaces and that this fake suede is just that--fake. Mind you, these people have never even sat in the seats before, and they immediately dismiss it as crap. Even some of the current IS300 owners hated the Ecsaine, but they have grown to like it. Thus I say, "don't knock it before you try it."

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't go to full leather. It's hot and sticky, not to mention won't hold you in the seat as well. If it takes a call to Lexus PR to determine whether or not it's suede, it must be a pretty good copy.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I personally like the "escaine" material, it is warm and it does agood job of holding you a$$ in place. Personally real leather in the long run is a pain in the a$$, and it cracks, splits, if not kept moist. just my .02

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
HA HA I have cloth, and I plan on puting leather whhere the solid black parts are. got a hook up here in town, good idea? I like the grey and black pattern it will match my grey and black carbon fiber kit. But I have a 104 half rot and half doberman that rides in the back seat. Talk about a good car alarm.lol.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts