Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2002 is300 5 speed with 26K miles on it. I really knew nothing about this car until my buddy called and offered to sell me his. I was a day away from buying a BMW 328, and I must say I am extremely pleased that I didn't go that route.

I have noticed that there are quite a few posters in the MD/DC area (as I am). Can any of you recommend any local shops to do modifications to my car? I don't have a ton of money to spend since I have a wife :p ,but I would like to do some minor modifiications to increase the HP as much as I can. Unfortunately, I am not a "car guy", so I am at the mercy of the shops. If you can tell me of one that will do work in exchange for computer work, that would be even better. :D

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
nobody is going to want to trade hipo parts for computer work ya PHHucker :D

but i can say that there are a few mods you can do for under 1k. other than that, be prepared to spend a decent amount of money, nothing is inexpensive for this car, like a honda for say

do you visit the parkway?

-gte

PHHucker said:
I just got a 2002 is300 5 speed with 26K miles on it. I really knew nothing about this car until my buddy called and offered to sell me his. I was a day away from buying a BMW 328, and I must say I am extremely pleased that I didn't go that route.

I have noticed that there are quite a few posters in the MD/DC area (as I am). Can any of you recommend any local shops to do modifications to my car? I don't have a ton of money to spend since I have a wife :p ,but I would like to do some minor modifiications to increase the HP as much as I can. Unfortunately, I am not a "car guy", so I am at the mercy of the shops. If you can tell me of one that will so work in exchange for computer work, that would be even better. :D

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
PHHucker said:
I just got a 2002 is300 5 speed with 26K miles on it.
That's the same miliage I had on my 2002 5-speed when I got it back in August. I hope you enjoy it. My first mod is supposed to arrive today ... the PLP short shifter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts