Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are multiple other treads on this already but does anyone have any experience wiring up a bee r unit to a 2002 IS300?(I just stole this pic off google because i’m not home right now while typing this and do not have a photo of it on my phone) I’ve tried following the other DIY tutorials on here with no success and there is little to 0 info on the internet about wiring one of these up to an IS. In the other thread i used there was a wiring diagram for which wires to tap into in the ecu but for some reason in the photo it shows which wires to tap into but below the pic there is another pic from the same guy that shows a completely different set of wires to tap into (i’ll post a pic of that too in the comments so you all can see). I’ve tried both ways and each way cause my car to either run very poorly and just not start at all. If anyone has had any success on how to install these, help would be much appreciated or if anyone even knows what each of these wires are supposed to wire up to that would be great too because the directions are in japanese and i can’t find anything on it anywhere else.
p.s. yes i know it is pointless to add 2 step to an NA car if you are gonna comment this just please keep it to yourself, i personally just like the way they sound.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the photo i went off of. It took me awhile looking at it but i realized the 5 plugs shown below the main 5 above are just a more zoomed in and labeled version ( i could be wrong and that could be the problem but that’s what i was able to figure out from this pic) but notice how the 5 plugs on top have different wires highlighted than the ones below. I’ve tried both ways with no success so this is why i’m seeking help. maybe i’m just dumb and reading the photo wrong.

·
Registered
863 Posts
The plugs and the mating connectors are at the ecu box. The pic, the top row is the ecu connectors, and the bottom row is the corresponding connectors. The wires are the same but they are mirrored between them. It’s just the orientation of the pic that is messing with you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The plugs and the mating connectors are at the ecu box. The pic, the top row is the ecu connectors, and the bottom row is the corresponding connectors. The wires are the same but they are mirrored between them. It’s just the orientation of the pic that is messing with you.
THANK YOU i’m an idiot lmao it makes so much more sense now

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,365 Posts
it’s a second rev limiter you can set to whatever rpm you want for racing purposes or to just make your car pop and shoot flames
This is definitely not the purpose of a 2 step lol. That’s for the ricer boys.

A 2 step is utilized for launch control and in some cases a rolling anti lag. Not for popping and shooting flames lmao.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is definitely not the purpose of a 2 step lol. That’s for the ricer boys.

A 2 step is utilized for launch control and in some cases a rolling anti lag. Not for popping and shooting flames lmao.
i literally said it was used for racing purposes AS WELL as for popping lmao

1 - 10 of 10 Posts