Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was driving along, when a newer 5 series with the sportier wheels and an older gentleman driver (60+ I would guess)pulled up next to me at a trafic light. I looked at the car for a good second or two because I liked it, and did not give it a second thought. Boy was I surprized when I was learned that the light had changed by the squeeling tires of what I know know was a 528i. What a surprize! Anyway, not that I knew we were racing, but that is how I got beat by a 528.

·
Registered
818 Posts
That's not a loss-you were taken by surprise

It could have been worse. When I had my IS, and my wife had her stick 528i, she used to beat up on me pretty bad. The official story is, "I let her win."

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by ckolsen:
Was probably Steve, the head BMW Club instructor, driving a loaner while his E24 320i is being worked on.
Chris-There is another Lime Rock track event with PDA on 9/8. http://www.imp-auto.com/pda/pdasched.html Lime Rock is quite a track. It makes Pocono look like a go cart track (not really, but it is flat). Pocono is smoother though. Lime Rock has concrete patch work along most of the tight corners. I am doing the North Course at Pocono with PDA this weekend. It looks like a lot of tight hairpin turns, but also has some big straights.

isSoon- really the 528 beat the IS. I would have thought the IS would win, not by much, but still win. hmmm. I do like that 5 series.

·
8,107 Posts
croddy - I'm psyched to do Lime Rock! Right now I have Canada in August, and NHIS on Sept. 22, so I could squeeze that one in. I'll try to get my cronies to go, thanks for the tip!

Originally posted by croddy:
Originally posted by ckolsen:
[qb]Was probably Steve, the head BMW Club instructor, driving a loaner while his E24 320i is being worked on.
Chris-There is another Lime Rock track event with PDA on 9/8. http://www.imp-auto.com/pda/pdasched.html Lime Rock is quite a track. It makes Pocono look like a go cart track (not really, but it is flat). Pocono is smoother though. Lime Rock has concrete patch work along most of the tight corners. I am doing the North Course at Pocono with PDA this weekend. It looks like a lot of tight hairpin turns, but also has some big straights.

isSoon- really the 528 beat the IS. I would have thought the IS would win, not by much, but still win. hmmm. I do like that 5 series.[/QB]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
ckolsen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing