Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was driving along, when a newer 5 series with the sportier wheels and an older gentleman driver (60+ I would guess)pulled up next to me at a trafic light. I looked at the car for a good second or two because I liked it, and did not give it a second thought. Boy was I surprized when I was learned that the light had changed by the squeeling tires of what I know know was a 528i. What a surprize! Anyway, not that I knew we were racing, but that is how I got beat by a 528.

·
Registered
818 Posts
That's not a loss-you were taken by surprise

It could have been worse. When I had my IS, and my wife had her stick 528i, she used to beat up on me pretty bad. The official story is, "I let her win."

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by ckolsen:
Was probably Steve, the head BMW Club instructor, driving a loaner while his E24 320i is being worked on.
Chris-There is another Lime Rock track event with PDA on 9/8. http://www.imp-auto.com/pda/pdasched.html Lime Rock is quite a track. It makes Pocono look like a go cart track (not really, but it is flat). Pocono is smoother though. Lime Rock has concrete patch work along most of the tight corners. I am doing the North Course at Pocono with PDA this weekend. It looks like a lot of tight hairpin turns, but also has some big straights.

isSoon- really the 528 beat the IS. I would have thought the IS would win, not by much, but still win. hmmm. I do like that 5 series.

·
8,107 Posts
croddy - I'm psyched to do Lime Rock! Right now I have Canada in August, and NHIS on Sept. 22, so I could squeeze that one in. I'll try to get my cronies to go, thanks for the tip!

Originally posted by croddy:
Originally posted by ckolsen:
[qb]Was probably Steve, the head BMW Club instructor, driving a loaner while his E24 320i is being worked on.
Chris-There is another Lime Rock track event with PDA on 9/8. http://www.imp-auto.com/pda/pdasched.html Lime Rock is quite a track. It makes Pocono look like a go cart track (not really, but it is flat). Pocono is smoother though. Lime Rock has concrete patch work along most of the tight corners. I am doing the North Course at Pocono with PDA this weekend. It looks like a lot of tight hairpin turns, but also has some big straights.

isSoon- really the 528 beat the IS. I would have thought the IS would win, not by much, but still win. hmmm. I do like that 5 series.[/QB]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts