Lexus IS Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2001 AR5 Swap, Built NA-T, Standalone
570 Posts
Honestly, just do bushings and handling stuff before anything crazy. From my anecdotal experience, I installed BC 264's and a Titan cam gear on my car with intake, header, full exhaust and GReddy EMU (lol) and only ran .001 sec faster. I also tried revving it to around 7200 with no help. My fastest 1/4 mile was 15.397 at 90.63 mph lol.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That's kind of where my head is at now after thinking on it and all of the feedback more. FWIW, bushings and handling are all well under way, which is why my mind is on this subject. Poly differential bushings, mounting

re: handling, I have sets of Koni Yellow I'm waiting to determine what springs to pair and swap in until after some track time; have a new set of KYB (stock springs/setup) all around that has very low milage. Definitely want to get a feel for things before I swap them, hence the long term thinking.

I'm going to be building a block back to stock, and begin another on a run stand for head work and wrapping my head around the tuning stack for the engine management I've picked. I have lots of options, many blocks and another chassis at my disposal, along with a small selection of trans and diffs, which is both a win and a sort of bane w/re: choosing a path forward (in consideration of cost). AR-5 trans is most likely as I have all the swap bits ready.

Right now, w/re: FI plans, I'm eyeing BMW N54 turbo set to slap on, can be had rather cheaply and ought to fit without much fab, and put me in that realm (though likely wanting, and hopefully ready for, more).

I've been following your build too @_zaclemore; getting some good ideas from it. (y)

Again, thanks everyone for the help, giving me a lot to think about.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts