Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, haven’t posted in a while, but finally got around to installing the BC Stg II cams that I purchased a while back. First start up went smooth…now just need for this shitty weather to break to go put some miles on it!

Vehicle Hood Car Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx guys! It still needs a little more TLC, but I'm installing a lift soon in the garage, so that should make further detailing much less painful!:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely interested in how it drives
Ok, so finally had a decent enuff day yesterday to take it out of the garage and go for a test spin! I can def say that it pulls a little harder in the mid-range and upper rpms! I mean it's not like adding nitrous or anything, but the difference is noticeable! :)

·
5,037 Posts
Ok, so finally had a decent enuff day yesterday to take it out of the garage and go for a test spin! I can def say that it pulls a little harder in the mid-range and upper rpms! I mean it's not like adding nitrous or anything, but the difference is noticeable! :)
Did you retard the exhaust gear any?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you retard the exhaust gear any?
So, I had it set to -3.5*, and changed it to -2*…because I had read that it may throw a CEL after installing cams if you get too aggressive w/the retard. So far, so good at -2*…we’ll see if it stays happy there.👌

·
5,037 Posts
So, I had it set to -3.5*, and changed it to -2*…because I had read that it may throw a CEL after installing cams if you get too aggressive w/the retard. So far, so good at -2*…we’ll see if it stays happy there.👌
Depends if you have downstream O2 sensors simulated. If so no. Even without, I have seen no evidence. I have seen -4 but not more.

·
5,037 Posts
Can anyone point to verified dyno data of effect of retarding exhaust cam?
It was a long time ago on the forum. Back in the is300.net days. It was -4 on these cams and also stock stuff. No one has posted a sheet sense. I have seen and done more stock. Just have not had a chance to see if it can push broader with more on stage 2 cams.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts