21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
10 Posts
very true. I am very impressed with the BC's and love my set up. never would I think that a coilover priced so well would perform outstanding. thumbs up to BC racing on there awesome coilover.

·
Registered
10 Posts
does anyone know the stock spring rates?? I think they are around 18k and 14k but thats just a guess and seeing the massive coil spring. please if anyone knows that would be a huge help or if anyone in so cal has stock springs laying around can i borrow them to get dyno'ed to find the rate.

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
does anyone know the stock spring rates?? I think they are around 18k and 14k but thats just a guess and seeing the massive coil spring. please if anyone knows that would be a huge help or if anyone in so cal has stock springs laying around can i borrow them to get dyno'ed to find the rate.
IMO, the stock spring rates cannot be that stiff. They seemed much softer at speed that the BC's and over damped. I can see what they are from my stock setup that is sitting here.

Fig

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mike, please find out if you can. I know you can help. thanks

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
IMO, the stock spring rates cannot be that stiff. They seemed much softer at speed that the BC's and over damped. I can see what they are from my stock setup that is sitting here.

Fig
so has anyone found out what the stock spring rates are??? :)

·
Technical Poseur
23,314 Posts
I'm guessing the 12k/10k range. I rode in an IS300 with those rates and it was night and day difference in stiffness over my 10k/8k setup on my IS. ISx50s arent really much heavier of a platform than the IS300. It also seems to have been softened up for that generation as well.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Man, those kw v3 look sweet, glad i have them in my car.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hahaha.. I forgot what that was like!!! Sorry, no offense, I love the car,and those coils look great! I wanna drop just the front end of mine.. too much trouble with tire wear and tear with the whole car dropped.. Im a realtor, so put a ton of miles on cars and go through rubber like its part of my job... which i guess it is ;)

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hahaha.. I forgot what that was like!!! Sorry, no offense, I love the car,and those coils look great! I wanna drop just the front end of mine.. too much trouble with tire wear and tear with the whole car dropped.. Im a realtor, so put a ton of miles on cars and go through rubber like its part of my job... which i guess it is ;)
yeah I have put on about 18K the first year, so I do a bit of driving myself :) Tire wear is not too bad on this car, even with no adjustments since the suspension geometry was designed to be lowered. I need to realign the front steering, but other than that, no problems.

Fig

·
Registered
90 Posts
Awesome Pics and info!!

Besides the Weight and Rate (valving) being different, are the ISF, IS250, IS350 and IS300 Shocks physically the same? I noticed you compared it to the IS300 KW which Looks like the bottom mount is the same, could you swap the top hats and mount them if needed / wanted? Are the Front shocks for the IS300 KW bottom mount the same as well?
I am just curious because I thought the 2ng gen IS shared more with the 2nd gen GS suspension wise instead of original IS300.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts