Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im looking to do an NA build on my is300 and am going to get 264 BC cams but my question is can i run them on stock headers? I know ill need spring valves and retainers and a tune but was wondering if i can dive right into cams or if i need to build anything else. I do plan on doing headers as well as exhaust system but wanted to dive right into the motor before i start elsewhere.

·
Registered
15 Posts
FYI you're in the 2nd Gen IS250/350 forum, the right place for this post is in the 1ST Gen IS300 Forum,
But to answer your question, yes, you can run them on stock headers - if you think about it from a mechanical standpoint, how do camshafts affect anything other than the timing of the exhaust pulses in the header? It doesn't really make sense to have cams but no header as it'll be a bottleneck in the system, and you won't feel the cam's full potential, but if money is an issue, money is an issue. For 264's, spring valves and retainers and tune are not required, but of course, BC will recommend them to you. As anyone else on the form, I will urge you to investigate to the search function.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts