Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i got the some LM's and thinking about doing the reverse mount. anyone here done it before?

thanks

and i did a search but didnt come up with helpful info

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
You're talking about mounting the face on the other side for lower offset..right? Talk to diegolex.

Reactions: badxIS300

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
re-torque them to 8lbs...and do a star pattern just like lugs to make sure they are equally seated!

whatever ur offset is currently on ur LM's, the new offset will be +14mm less

not the greatest pic i have but it shows the face remounted to the inside of the barrel

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
god i wish my evo's were 2 peice.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I thought it was only a 7mm difference? maybe it depends on which model LM you have?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
so this only works with BBS wheels correct? not any other two piece wheels?

it just makes me want lm's more and more
nope BBS RS's are 3 piece and to make the offset different u have to change the barrels and outer lips, some other 2 piece wheels from different manufacturers can do this also...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just took my 245/40's off today and replaced them with 265/35's I was planning on reversing the faces and going to 285's but if its really that big of a difference, that will take me to a +36 on a 10'' wheel, so maybe I'll have to stick with 265, or 275 unless I add flares?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I just took my 245/40's off today and replaced them with 265/35's I was planning on reversing the faces and going to 285's but if its really that big of a difference, that will take me to a +36 on a 10'' wheel, so maybe I'll have to stick with 265, or 275 unless I add flares?

yah id stick to the 265's i dont think u wanna run flares..well thats up to u

to me 265's are great enough grip for being boosted

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just finished breaking down the rims last night. Going to take them to my guy to get the barrels re-polished inside out. also trying to decide if i should switch the color on the centers.

·
Registered
495 Posts
just finished breaking down the rims last night. Going to take them to my guy to get the barrels re-polished inside out. also trying to decide if i should switch the color on the centers.
I'm considering having mine done in Bronze....I already sent out one set of BBS to be done in bronze, and am waiting on the outcome..if its dope, I'll post pics, if there just meh, I'll rock them with winter tires and press

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i really want to get them polished but its gonna take too much time and money. for now i'm just going to get the centers re done. did a search online and found its a good idea to use Saran wrap around the bolts to not damage them.

still debating colors

-gold
-midnight purple
-ggp
-metallic black

·
Registered
495 Posts
OMG Purple would be SICK!!!!!!!

You have me considering doing mine in anodized dark blue to match my Zeal's....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.