Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently I have the AP racing BBK for the front, which rotors I must add are alittle dull compared to some of the other rotors on the market.

I also have the very bright silver irotors, now my question is should I jus put my irotors in the back with axxis pads and sell my front rotors with pads (which would kill alot of the interest in selling them) and would likely not match-up even though they are cross drilled and slotted similiar, jus don't feel the color of the rotors will match up.

I will also add the car has 23k miles on it. Stock pads and rotors not really an option for me.

I also have red g2 paint I was thinking of using for the back calipers to match AP's, again afraid to do this since they may come a diff red :-?

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
IS3FINALLYmd said:
Looked around and did not find the rear ap kit (dont think there is one)
I think anything on the rear besides new rotors and pads and SS lines is overkill, no need really for a bigger caliper...

I went with the Rotora Front big brake kit, and just rear rotor/pads/ss line upgrade...still need to paint my rear calipers....haha

the front is most important as far as safety is concerned, and looks, a big brake kit on the rear is just overkill IMO and from what I've read... 8)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
on most cars.....90% of the braking is done from the front axle.....
that's why most bbk's only include front calipers.

you could get supra calipers in the rear....but that might be overkill in the rear....

i would personally stick with stock stuff in the rear since the AP racing/Stillen kit was probably engineered with the user using stock components in the rear when it was designed....maybe slap on the pads.

you could get a bbk that covers all four corners with new calipers(PLP/stoptech...drop $5g's?)...but the kit would have to be designed that way....brakes need to be balanced....

----remember when you where a kid and used to ride a bike.....you always hit the front brakes first and the rear brakes second....remember when you only hit the rear brakes and the bike flipped on top of you?.... :lol: haha...same concept with car...but not as funny...----

sell me those rotors for dirt cheap.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
IS3FINALLYmd said:
Hmm I was always told more like 70/30 but anyways still undecided, to concerned with my motor right now. Guess I should jus keep the rears :-?
yeah sounds more-correct.

i was cuming from the statement made by my fwd-driving friend.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
ali1983khan said:
----remember when you where a kid and used to ride a bike.....you always hit the front brakes first and the rear brakes second....remember when you only hit the rear brakes and the bike flipped on top of you?
Isnt it when you hit the front brakes only the bike flips? Its happened to me plenty of times.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
ali1983khan said:
----remember when you where a kid and used to ride a bike.....you always hit the front brakes first and the rear brakes second....remember when you only hit the rear brakes and the bike flipped on top of you?
Isnt it when you hit the front brakes only the bike flips? Its happened to me plenty of times.
lol.....

when you hit the rear brakes really hard it will flip also....but even with just the rear brakes and without the bike flipping...you would lose complete control....try it at low speeds...don't hurt yourself.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
ali1983khan said:
CharlieD06 said:
ali1983khan said:
lol.....

when you hit the rear brakes really hard it will flip also....but even with just the rear brakes and without the bike flipping...you would lose complete control....try it at low speeds...don't hurt yourself.
Ive done it @ 35+MPH, the rear wheels just skid, but Im still in control.

Im gonna go take the rubber tracks off of my 4wheeler and put the wheels back on, and try that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.