Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured after 2 years of driving with 500+hp, it's time to take the plunge and upgrade to a BBK.

Here lies my predicament...

I recently purchased a set of SSR Professor SP1's. The front's are 19x8 with a +49 offset. Which Aftermarket BBK's will fit with this wheel setup, without using spacers?

The brake kits that come to mind are: Brembo, Rotora, Stoptech, AP Racing, Project Mu, TDLI's custom 8 piston caliper kit, Endless/Zeal, etc.

Can anyone provide insight as to which setups they have actually used, and any fitment issues they have ran into. I appreciate any and all comments.

I'm not gonna lie, aesthetics are definitely a part of this decision, so pics are a plus!

Thanks.

Danny

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
danny, buy my pMu kit. its off charles's car. has about 100 miles on it, i never installed it. he had it machined to fit his wheels, you shouldnt have a problem.

·
Registered
962 Posts
i got the SSR Professors SP1s as well.

F 19x7.5 +43 235/35/19
R 19x9.5 +55 275/30/19

I purchased the 320MM Rotora BBK for the front and the rear. I haven't put it on my personal car as yet, but I have test fit it on my buddies car who has the brakes on his IS300 and it fit just fine.

Check the sticker inside your front wheel, and see what "Disc" style you have. I had the Super Low Disc, which actually gave even more clearance.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I have the stoptech st40 calipers on gramlight 57rcs (17x8 +43)w/o a spacer. On my ole volk gtns (18 x 7.5 + 43) i had to run a 5mm spacer.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
i found the template for the stoptechs but for the others you may have to do some measureing

StopTech : Balanced Brake Upgrades

the good news is even if you have to run a spacer you have a plenty of room with a 19x8 +49 wheel. a 10mm spacer would be good bringing the wheel to +39. which is almost flush

1 - 7 of 7 Posts