Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm interested in getting a new IS300 and wondering where some good dealers were in the Bay Area. I do have a quote for one without the LSD for $32.2K. Is that a good deal? Thanks

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
I got mine at Stevens Creek. I was just there today...they have a loaded Silver w/ Black for $34K.

Which is what I paid for my loaded SBM w/ Ivory

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i got mine at steven's creek also. if you go there, talk to steve yi. he's really easy going...not a real pressure salesman. tell him cary sent you...i got mine for 37,500 out the door...after taxes and all the other stuff. i think the price was 32 something before all that. try to get reena as your finace person too. she's really nice...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

·
Registered
994 Posts
Small world. Steve was my salesman too. I was referred to him because a coworker bought a GS400 from him. Sounds like you paid around MSRP for yours, just as I did.

--k

Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
i got mine at steven's creek also. if you go there, talk to steve yi. he's really easy going...not a real pressure salesman. tell him cary sent you...i got mine for 37,500 out the door...after taxes and all the other stuff. i think the price was 32 something before all that. try to get reena as your finace person too. she's really nice...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Loaded with what additional features ? Silver/black doesn't have LSD, heated seats, or wood.

--k

Originally posted by Agent Smith:
I got mine at Stevens Creek. I was just there today...they have a loaded Silver w/ Black for $34K.

Which is what I paid for my loaded SBM w/ Ivory

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
I got mine for $36k out the door this past weekend at Putnam Lexus in Redwood City. Ask for David. He was real cool. I'm sure he'll cut you a good deal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by chiem:

Small world. Steve was my salesman too. I was referred to him because a coworker bought a GS400 from him. Sounds like you paid around MSRP for yours, just as I did.

--k

Small small world. Steve Yi at Stevens Creek Lexus was a cool guy to deal with. Oh yeah, HyperMKVI, I mentioned the cigarette thing to Steve when I picked mine up.
He said you were a cool guy.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
yeah, steve can be bribed with cigarettes. heh...j/k...

all i know is if i were in the market for another lexus, i'd go back to see steve...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
90 Integra

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I had the same problem with Magnussen. They were way too pushy! Walked out of there as fast as I could. The saleswoman tried to justify a "no budge" high price by saying she needed the commission to pay for her kids :)

One week later, her boss called and tried to apologize. What type of business are they running?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
And a salesman at Magnussen gave me the _same line_ about being desperate to feed his family. What kind of operation are they running over there?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Nice to see I'm in good company.

The saleswoman raised her voice several times during the "bargaining" phase and tried to make me and my girlfriend feel guilty...saying the deal was good enough as is (getting a better one elsewhere right now!) and since she already gave us bottled water and spent SO much time with us (we were only there for under 10 minutes when we got to the bargaining point!! since I knew what I wanted) and the car was on the lot. Never seen anything like that. Especially from Lexus.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
oh and another thing, at steven's creek...they give you this great cactus like plant. so, if you're into plants, go to steven's creek...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
90 Integra

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
oh and another thing, at steven's creek...they give you this great cactus like plant. so, if you're into plants, go to steven's creek...

After reading the "cactus" posts, I requested that they NOT send me a cactus... Instead, they sent me a nice "normal" plant.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Originally posted by chiem:

Loaded with what additional features ? Silver/black doesn't have LSD, heated seats, or wood.

--k

I meant it was loaded as a Silver could get...the price was $34K and change.

·
Registered
192 Posts
if you wanna travel to the valley...about hour and a half...
to lexus of sac..i know some good people over there.....
great to work with...i promise...never been treated so well from a dealership in my life...they even sent me a $100 nordstrom card..

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I got a $300 Nordstrom card from someone last x-mas, and went and bought an overpriced jacket and some shoes for my wife.

A week later I realized that I probably could have bought some $15 neck-tie and gotten the $285 back in cash (I think they give change). That $285 would have gone alot further somewhere else.

Or maybe I am wrong and it only works for Nordstrom's merchandise?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts