Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like a list of dealers u bought ur cars from...

I would also like a PM from u guys so we can have some meets that can happen because of emails, and not posts!!!! also

Swing by my site, small no time to work on it this month, but will..
WWW.bayarea-is300.com trying to make this site just for the is300 and us bay area people!

If u dont mind posting what options u got and the out the door price of the car from what dealer that would be great... remember to post the out the door price...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Originally posted by is300soon:
I would like a list of dealers u bought ur cars from...

I would also like a PM from u guys so we can have some meets that can happen because of emails, and not posts!!!! also

Swing by my site, small no time to work on it this month, but will..
WWW.bayarea-is300.com trying to make this site just for the is300 and us bay area people!

If u dont mind posting what options u got and the out the door price of the car from what dealer that would be great... remember to post the out the door price...

fremont lexus

·
Registered
204 Posts
Magnussen in Fremont.

I've been to the dealer on Stevens Creek, but those guys are pricks....they will barely even talk to you unless you are wearing a suit or something, and lord knows if there is one place in the world you shouldn't judge a person by what they are wearing its in the Valley.

I've bought a LX470 and 2 IS300s from D'Wayne Wells and he always does good by me. If you go there....tell him I referred you so I can get a better price on my next one

I've loved driving all 3 Lexs over to the assholes on Stevens Creek to let them see what they could have sold (I'm not bitter though

)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm in the market for an IS300 so thanks for posting any kind of info you might have on the local dealerships.

I got a bad impression of Stevens Creek also, I asked to see a silver IS300 and the guy said that it was on their 'other' lot and wasn't willing to bring it over or even offered to take me there to go see it. Do you think it had to do with me wearing jean shorts, hoop shoes and a t-shirt?

Price wise, do you guys think its possible to get one at invoice with the dealer making profit from the $600 hold back? I was thinking of holding off till the 2002's come out and get a manual. I also wanna see the new 'dark blue' color. I'd be willing to spend a little more for those.

Thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Originally posted by Area 51 Dave:
Magnussen in Fremont.

I've been to the dealer on Stevens Creek, but those guys are pricks....they will barely even talk to you unless you are wearing a suit or something, and lord knows if there is one place in the world you shouldn't judge a person by what they are wearing its in the Valley.

I've bought a LX470 and 2 IS300s from D'Wayne Wells and he always does good by me. If you go there....tell him I referred you so I can get a better price on my next one

I've loved driving all 3 Lexs over to the assholes on Stevens Creek to let them see what they could have sold (I'm not bitter though

)

Ninos George the service consultant at fremont lexus. He told me that "I am excited that this guys are developing a supercharger for the IS300" and of course they bought it here at Magnussem Lexus and they're from Irvine. .

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DAVE

Make a call for me, I need a quote on a fully loaded out the door with lojack, and a SP model, u know the one with no lsd and heated seats with lojack out the door.

Please help

·
Registered
19 Posts
Magnussen lexus last year July.
You don't wanna know how much I paid then coz its probably cheaper now.
All options except LSD and butt warmer. Free tinting and 10K service.

I also had the same bad experience with Stevens Creek. I was also wearing shorts and totally ignored me. I actually put my name on the list since April '00 and told them to call me when the first car comes in but they never did. I dealt with Steve at Magnussen, you got tell him right out how much you wanna pay and work on the options later.

FYI... If your shopping for TRD sway bars (race) call Stevens Creek Toyota and talk to Grant. I ordered it today for 377.09 incl. tax for both F/R. Tell him I sent you. At first he told he can't do it for some reason regarding Lexus has to sell me the part and some stupid TRD policy. But I told him that a Toyota dealer in SoCal is selling it and charging me 25 bucks shipping . So he check it out and got me the order. It will take 3-6 weeks though coming from Japan.

Hope that helps,
-Dave

[ May 16, 2001: Message edited by: ISt0g0 ]

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about this, i have a bmw for sale

asking 3k

someone buy it and i will get my car that week!!!!

ASK AROUND PLEASE!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I bought mine from Steven's Creek because their sales mgr managed to get me the exact car I wanted (no one else seemed willing).
They didn't budge much on price by telling me how much it cost to buy their Lexus franchise (big bucks) which I suppose is true - they bought a Lexus dealership because they expect the brand name will command some decent profits.

Some sales guys at Magnussen's gave me a hard time about sitting in their demo cars and some absurd line about how I should buy from them because they need to feed their family. I almost bought from them but when they found that I was shopping around they basically killed their chances of making the sale.

I am having my service done at Serramonte now because their service mgr (Derek Butts) is very IS300 friendly. He has been very open (with me) about all the new service possibilities at times when other dealers seem to be clueless or tight lipped.

Serramonte may not stick in people's minds as one of the main bay area dealerships because of the location, but you really should be sure to check with them when shopping around.

I liked the people at Lexus of Monterey but it is a bit far (but maybe worth it if the savings are enough).

Most dealers I talked to didn't want to deal based on invoice+$... They wanted to give a "discount". Last year in the bay area $1000-$2500 was a good discount. This year maybe $3000+ off of MSRP is possible but only if they have a car collecting dust on the lot. If you want a color or options package they don't have in stock don't expect much of a discount.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I also had bad experience at stevens creek with Infiniti. I never ever wanted to go car shopping in that area. esp with audi when i was looking at the A4 2.8. they just ignored me thinking that im just some street kid wasting time or something. concord lexus, pleasanton lexus, and fremont lexus are all the same.. they lie to you once your about to close the deal.. lexus fremont "Rocket" Ismael said that he will throw in the wheel locks, trunk net, trunk padding/carpet, free tint and spoiler and also knock off the dest charge and advertisment fee (hidden charge) and umm.. the other charge where they detail and prep your car once it come off the truck. i hate those guy, esp the service mgrs. bunch of snobs. so i decided to go to Putnam lexus and bought my is300 there. they had the best service and courteous salesman. he hooked me up pretty good and with the 3 free or was it four scheduled checkups. he even encourage me to buy things from RMM. you can buy a GS300/400 SC300/400 with a RMM intake/kit/and or exhaust and it doesnt void warranty..

these are my thoughts..
-jason

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jason

your car looks sweet, I live in the SJ milpitas area, i never see ur car, u ever go that way?? I work off Kaiser and Kiely blvd, i still never see that many is300's around here....... I hope mine will come soon.

·
Registered
152 Posts
thanks.. i had mine since june22nd a daybefore they were released. it was cool how it all happened. This kids parents put 1k down on a DWP and when my salesman told me he has great news (the same day i bought the car) i took off from work early to head down there. anyways, when the parents and there son arrived, the son changed his mind.. instead he wanted the RX300 (prescription 300). so, the DWP IS was upfor grabs and there was no one else interested execpt me. It was cool.. he even threw in an IS300 windbreaker jacket (dont have anymore-sold it)

i sometimes head to that vietnamese bakery/sandwich shop accoss primerica during lunch time. i work here in s.j across the Novell building on N. First st.
i seldom go out and just end-up having my personal chef come to me. ***cough** cough** lunch truck **cough**roach coach **cough**
laters!

-jason

oh.. also, i always see is300s on de la cruz blvd and n. first street.. i guess N. First street is like a superhighway filled with highend computer companies (Novel, BEA, a few CISCO offices, Samsung, ACER, HP, AT&T?, etc...and my company (V Communications- the famous 'SYSTEM COMMANDER' for multi-boot operating systems)

Originally posted by is300soon:
Jason

your car looks sweet, I live in the SJ milpitas area, i never see ur car, u ever go that way?? I work off Kaiser and Kiely blvd, i still never see that many is300's around here....... I hope mine will come soon.
[ May 17, 2001: Message edited by: jayrey300 ]

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I work at Santa Clara Kaiser. I love the DWP but had 3 white cars in a row.. so no moreeeeeeeeeeee I was going to get silver, but when i do see a is300 its silver, so GGP might be the way to go.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'll be hitting the dealers over the weekend.

Thanks for all the info guys!

The colors I want is Silver or White and the price I'm hoping to get is invoice price and hope they'd be happy with the dealer holdback money. If no one wants to sell at that price I might just wait till the 2002's come out with a manual. By that time I can choose to either pay extra for the 2002 or I should get a real good deal on a 2001 if they still have some on the lot.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Originally posted by GCM:
I'll be hitting the dealers over the weekend.

Thanks for all the info guys!

The colors I want is Silver or White and the price I'm hoping to get is invoice price and hope they'd be happy with the dealer holdback money. If no one wants to sell at that price I might just wait till the 2002's come out with a manual. By that time I can choose to either pay extra for the 2002 or I should get a real good deal on a 2001 if they still have some on the lot.

go over Fremont Lexus.. ask for TOM "vietnamese guy" tell him that Richard silver Is300 sent u.. he should hook u up!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts