Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ehh. I left a light on and my battery died. I jumped it and it last about 3 days then randomly dies again...what maintance can I do to keep it alive...easy question i know...other than buying a new battery ofcourse...

·
Registered
156 Posts
does it have any corrosion on the terminals? Sounds like it needs a good charge or replaced. Run it by an autoparts store that sells batteries and they can test it.

Reactions: mpc4000

·
Banned
371 Posts
its it a dry cell no? batteries have water in them, so make sure the fluid levels are high enough. if they went dry.. you might want to replace your battery.
shouldnt need to replace it unless the levels are full, and its an old battery.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
2nd vote for making sure the terminals are clean. If they are then it just sounds like a bad battery to me. Shouldn't be to much to fix.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Do a load test on your battery....if it fails, replace it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just an FYI i had replaced my battery with an optima dry cell bat red top. And after a couple weeks it too lost its charge. I was racking my brain because it was a new battery, Altenator was checking out fine, i had no codes and no corrosion on the term. So i was like WTF ends up that if you do not have those post just right and tightend down like crazy the battery will not charge while driving. So there you go

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Chad... how long did you run the car after jump starting it? Did it have enough time to be charged up by the car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts