Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so right now I'm running two batteries...one interstate up in front and a beastly HC 1800 kinetik weighing my trunk down...I'm gonna take out the interstate and just put the kinetik up front...but I recall trying to do this when I bought the kinetik and discovered it was too tall...I've heard that others fit this battery in the stock battery location with ease...so I'm wondering why I can't...now I don't know if this is normal or if the previous owner of my car put this on the engine:

and here's what happened after attempting to latch the hood shut, it did shut but reopened it and saw these punctures:

So I'm fine with the punctures, but I don't want any dents in the hood so I guess I'm just looking for any other way to fit or modify to fit this battery in the stock location, or looking for confirmation that this battery does indeed fit without having to modify the stock location at all...

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts
Take out the battery tray and see if that gives you some more clearance.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
that bitch did not go in with any ease.

Take the cover off and buy some power extenders and screw them in. I used some posts that I found at advance and have posts going to the ground. It does not look pretty in my engine bay but it works lol.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take the cover off and buy some power extenders and screw them in. I used some posts that I found at advance and have posts going to the ground. It does not look pretty in my engine bay but it works lol.
Take the cover off of what? The kinetik?!?! Is there a cover I can take off?

And as far as power extenders, what do you mean?

Got any pics you could show me of your engine bay where you have the kinetik...?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts

My ground cable could not reach where the ground was suppose to be. I went to a local auto parts store and found a 4awg wire where I could make my ground cable longer (or just use any 4awg with terminal rings). The hood would not close properly if I didn't use the bolt for the ground terminal, otherwise for the power, you can use posts.

When I meant the cover, I was really talking about the brace and the stock battery box, they all need to come out. I left my battery box base in but it still does not sit properly.

Sorry I don't have any pics man. I'll try to get some soon as soon as some midterms are through.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks man...I think I get it now...just one more question...where did you put the 4awg wire you bought? Is it connected to the car and then the original ground wire? Is it setup up like (car,stock ground wire, 4awg ground wire to battery) or (car, 4awg wire, stock ground wire to battery)

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Ok, thanks man...I think I get it now...just one more question...where did you put the 4awg wire you bought? Is it connected to the car and then the original ground wire? Is it setup up like (car,stock ground wire, 4awg ground wire to battery) or (car, 4awg wire, stock ground wire to battery)

(car,stock ground wire, 4awg ground wire to battery)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok...so I was trying to put the kinetik in the stock location today...eh...it fit...but not without endangering something...

When I put the kinetik in with that battery tray still in the hood was pushed up a little bit where the battery was...

And when I took the tray out it was resting on top of this thing:

Not sure what it is...but when I took the battery back out there was a little slice in the wire:

I don't think it's too safe to have the battery resting on that...any suggestions from this point...

And also...is it safe to have the battery posts touching the hood?...I figured it would just be like grounding the car, but then again it doesn't appear like that would be so safe...

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Ok...so I was trying to put the kinetik in the stock location today...eh...it fit...but not without endangering something...

When I put the kinetik in with that battery tray still in the hood was pushed up a little bit where the battery was...

And when I took the tray out it was resting on top of this thing:

Not sure what it is...but when I took the battery back out there was a little slice in the wire:

I don't think it's too safe to have the battery resting on that...any suggestions from this point...

And also...is it safe to have the battery posts touching the hood?...I figured it would just be like grounding the car, but then again it doesn't appear like that would be so safe...
hmm

I gotta double check make sure mine now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts