Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My system:
500 Cls D amp + two-(35 or 50 watt amps) * 2 channel)=3 amps total.
I'm not a competition person, just need something b/c I'm going to need a new battery soon. Sould I just get the batcap 800 to replace my main batt?
Or...should I get a yellow top w/ a 300 or 400 batcap? or..something else?

Thx!

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
I say a yellow top with a SuperCap or Odyssey battery in the rear to help with current draw.

You could also use a couple Odyssey batteries to run everything.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lisnup65 said:
I say a yellow top with a SuperCap or Odyssey battery in the rear to help with current draw.

You could also use a couple Odyssey batteries to run everything.
Thanks for the help!

The Odyssey battery option would be cheaper than the super cap correct?

Do you know which Odyssey I would need?

Thanks!

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Use this link
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/auto.htm#bcigroup

Now you can measure the stock tray and find the best sized replacement. I only stock the 680 as they are small and powerful. I have a few customers that have 1 of these under the hood for the cars main and 2/3 in the trunk for the system.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lisnup65 said:
Use this link
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/auto.htm#bcigroup

Now you can measure the stock tray and find the best sized replacement. I only stock the 680 as they are small and powerful. I have a few customers that have 1 of these under the hood for the cars main and 2/3 in the trunk for the system.
Thanks lisnup65!

Do you think if I got an Ody-PC1200LMJT as the main I would need something else in the trunk too?

Thanks!

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Neo302 said:
Thanks lisnup65!

Do you think if I got an Ody-PC1200LMJT as the main I would need something else in the trunk too?

Thanks!
Only one way to find out and that is to try it. I do like adding in the trunk if you have serious high draw system(150 amperes or better) regardless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts