Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I AM HAVING, WHEN AM PLAYING MY BASS ABOUT A GOOD LEVEL OF KNOCK, MY GAS COVER WOULD VIBRATE AND RATTLE TO THE BASS.
IS THERE A WAY TO STIFFEN{TIGHTEN} THE COVER?

I HAVE two 12's 800 RMS{1600WATTS}, if your wondering.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
YES I HAD THAT PROBLEM TOO! IT WAS SO ANNOYING.

i just stuck some weather strip insulation on the inside of the cover. $5 at home depot.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i have the same damn thing. i have one 12 JL and it just vibrates the cover like crazy. that weather stripping is a good idea im gonna go get some.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've also heard of people putting a small square of sound deadening material inside the gas door.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have only one 10 Alpine blasting into the cab through the ski pass and I used silencer inside the cover...around five bucks (of a 30 dollar sheet) and it did the trick!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YES I HAD THAT PROBLEM TOO! IT WAS SO ANNOYING.

i just stuck some weather strip insulation on the inside of the cover. $5 at home depot.
**would the strip on the cover fit and look FLUSH with the rest of the car, because right now with the rattling going on, my cover is alittle popped out{not too bad}.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have 2 3" strips of Peel n Seal on the inside cover.. Not a single rattle from it now.. Plus PnS should be good in all weather conditions, as it's normally used on rooftops ;)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
**would the strip on the cover fit and look FLUSH with the rest of the car, because right now with the rattling going on, my cover is alittle popped out{not too bad}.
if you get something that's like a half-inch thick then it it's not going to make the cover stick out. you could even go with something that's a quarter-inch thick. just something that cushions the cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts