Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a '02 5 spd and I was wondering if anyone had ever actually seen the Base Manual Cloth Seats? I never have. Are they basically the same in design as the Leather Power Seats? Excellent Support and Retention in the leather seats but I have found I prefer cloth for track days. I'm thinking of a 5-spd with LSD and no other options at least if the seats are as good as BMW M3 Cloth Manuals.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've got cloth seats on my '01 IS300. I'm not sure if they changed the cloth on the '02 model. Perhaps someone could shed some light on this (as per the previous thread). I got the cloth seats because I take my kids in the car and I was concerned that they would spill stuff on the Escaine. Cloth is easier to clean vs. Escaine. I like the cloth seats. The only complaint I have is that they tend to pick up dust and lint. I guess this is only a problem if you have the black cloth seats like mine. A friend of mine has an Audi A4 with black cloth seats and they are quite similar to the IS300. The support for either the cloth or leather/Escaine is identical.

JordanK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts