Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently both ballasts gave out in my lexus. My HID bulbs seem to work but will shut off after some time. I found some ballasts with HIDs online but figured i'd grab another opinion from you guys.

I was looking at getting the 8000K HIDs and the ballasts come in 4 different options all with slightly different size.

3.1"×2.5"
3.3"×2.5"
3.75"×2.5"
4"×3.25"
All have a bit different design ranging from stainless steel to heavy duty stainless steel. The kits are lifetime warranty.

Has anyone ordered from this site? Any opinions would be great!

Here's a picture of my dusty ass lexus I just revived.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
If you look up the OEM part number. You will get your answer.

But far warning. Watch you voltages and wattage.

Also any thing over 6500k temp will tend to reflect back in the rain more.

·
Mr. Roo
9,402 Posts
I would definitely not spend that much money on stuff like that, they can be gotten for half the price, or you can spend that money and get something more quality and better from a more reputable place that doesn't just used photoshopped pics. The quality of those will not be close to OEM, and 8000k is pretty dim and blue. But if you do get something like that, the ballasts won't mount or fit in the original space anyway, so you'd just toss them behind the headlights somewhere and call it a day. It will probably require custom wiring for those universal ballasts. Best choice is to get the real deal from a place like theretrofitsource.com.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts