Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I’ve had some creaking in my suspension while makeing low speed turns for a long while now. I chocked it up to tierod ends that I would replace sooner or later. But today I got to thinking and I think it may be the ball joints... anyway I was wondering if it would be safe to drive for a few weeks till I get the parts in? I don’t have any vibration, and my tires aren’t wearing unevenly or anything. Its just once I figured out it could be ball joints I started reading all the horror stories of shit coming apart gong down the highway, and now I’m super paranoid... like I said, it would just be a week or 2 till the parts get here... what do y’all think?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Hey all, I’ve had some creaking in my suspension while makeing low speed turns for a long while now. I chocked it up to tierod ends that I would replace sooner or later. But today I got to thinking and I think it may be the ball joints... anyway I was wondering if it would be safe to drive for a few weeks till I get the parts in? I don’t have any vibration, and my tires aren’t wearing unevenly or anything. Its just once I figured out it could be ball joints I started reading all the horror stories of shit coming apart gong down the highway, and now I’m super paranoid... like I said, it would just be a week or 2 till the parts get here... what do y’all think?
There is no way to say for you. Do not know how bad they are. But I have driven cars with creaking joints and had no issues. But I did not drive them very hard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts