Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like to pass judgement on people, but here are my observations on the battle of owners vs non-owners in this forum. SMRA, you are a proud owner of IS300, and every message you post is gleaming with pride. Doug and Geoff the 2 prominent non-owners who like to poke fun at people who are proud of their IS300. Most of their posts are silly and not really IS300 related. I don't think they mean any malice. We need people like them for comic relief. Most of the questions on this board are rehashes of the same question and it would be very boring place w/o those 2. I don't really come here to gather information on the IS300 because I've gotten all I need. I encourage new members to read through the archive before posting the question because it's probably been answered already. What we need are people who can think of new topics to talk about, not just people who praise the IS to no end. SMRA, your web page has good information and you often contribute. However, your constant claims that non-owners are jealous is bordering on arrogance. There are ways to prove your faith without being belligerent about it.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
You're right about everything except "I don't think they mean any malice". You might think so, but we don't know for sure. Yet by the tone of their comments we can only guess. Geoff has changed his tune mostly, but others are as caustic and un-funny as ever...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't get the point of going to a forum of a certain car and trashing the car. It makes no sense to me. Are the lives of those people that pathetic that they'd waste time on something like that? I see NO point to it but I guess the reason is because I'm not an idiot. I don't try to act all tough and **** on the net.

I wish I had the extra time to go act like a jackass. It is one thing to bring up valid points about something but to go on and on and say "the IS300 sucks" or "my acura whips its ass" is just so pointless. Especially when most people here who say that junk haven't even driven the IS!

And why is a guy with a damn Corvette here always trying to brag about his Vette? WTF is that? Go to say a 360 Modena board and try to brag there. haha

Hmm...maybe I shoudl go to a Geo Metro board and go on about IS300 there. Or better yet, Doug why don't you go do that? You can try to feel even more superior by doing that.

[This message has been edited by r2917 (edited November 08, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by r2917 (edited November 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
i don't mean any malice at all. never have. i just like being around so i can keep you fruitpies on your toes.

my attitude has changed because i have come to find some of the people here pretty cool. others (smra, denise c.) are clinically damaged, arrogant, and a blemish to the is300 community. but the bad comes with the good, and i can accept this. i realize i post a lot of nonsense, but it's because i don't take much very seriously, and i wanna share the sentiment with all y'all. other times -- maybe in a retribution effort for all the trollish stuff i post -- i contribute to a valid thread. yin and yang, baby.

my acura still ownz j00 all, tho.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not to pile on here but I own an Acura and I mean no real harm to anyone here. But honestly SMRA is soo pompous for NO reason. Can someone explain, SMRA can you explain?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Oh come on; Denise and her husband arent pompous. Have you ever been to North Carolina? Nicest, sweetest, most down to earth people you will find anywhere, lol. I grew up in Texas, so I know its a southern thing. Denise is cute, calling everyone 'honey' and 'sweetie'. Makes me homesick

Originally posted by comptechcls:
Not to pile on here but I own an Acura and I mean no real harm to anyone here. But honestly SMRA is soo pompous for NO reason. Can someone explain, SMRA can you explain?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Chiphead,

I too, like Tony agree with Some of what you stated.

#1.I personally don't see ANYTHING wrong with praising the car to NO END. This is the IS300 Forum right?
#2.Yes, my Wife and I love cars...
Yes we are Proud of our recent purchase.
#3.Who's to really say if some of these nay-sayers are really jealous. I don't really care. (IMO I think a few of them ARE!)
But still who cares.....Just like they have their Opinions I have Mine!
#4.Chiphead, when have you seen me, or ANY of the owners in here purposely attack anyone?? I too like other car owners being in this forum. But I am SICK of some of their Childish actions and comments.
#5.Again About the Jealous thing....Chiphead whats YOUR TAKE on why some of these (IMO HATERS) come here and constantly cause friction?
#6.Let me also explain why Im calling them HATERS. IMO they DO HAVE Malice intent in their actions. What would you call it Chiphead??

Smra.

Yes,Still Proud Of The Car!

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by ISsoon:
Oh come on; Denise and her Denise is cute, calling everyone 'honey' and 'sweetie'.
Speaking of which, I wish smra (they) would use seperate names, when smra calls me "sweetie" and then in the next post says "my wife", I get a little nervous.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
591 Posts
comptechcls,

Ok, Im open for discussion.
How Am I or my wife Pompous??
Give examples....

Just because we don't bend over and Kiss Your &*%^%**%^$??
Or except whatever you say??

We are "Im Pretty Sure" older than the average poster here.And YES we DO have our OWN Minds.
Pompous????

Listen, I Like Alot of different cars....
Im actually still in the market for the 330i
So I know Im not narrow minded...about cars.
We like what we like and You like what you like Simple.

BTW,
You don't see us criticizing and
reeking havoc on Acura forums do you???
Pompous????

If our Strong Assertive Pride about the Lexus IS300 offends you then TOO BAD!

Don't Read Our Post is the Only solution I have for you......

Smra.
Proud Lexus Owner

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by webmaster:
Speaking of which, I wish smra (they) would use seperate names, when smra calls me "sweetie" and then in the next post says "my wife", I get a little nervous.

Tony,
Laugh Out Loud!!!

Its ME dude the Wife is out of town.......

Smra.

·
Registered
591 Posts
geoff,

my attitude has changed because i have come to find some of the people here pretty cool. others (smra, denise c.) are clinically damaged, arrogant, and a blemish to the is300 community.

And what may I ask has you Hating on
us with such Passion??? LOL....
Wow, Have I made that Huge Of Impression On You??? Didn't Mean to...

Several folks here are really throwing that
Arrogant word around alot pertaining to us.

Its not my problem that you're Feeling Inferior
Let me give you a little advice.
Don't worry so much about what others think
about you. K? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Smra.

Just A Simple Lexus Automobile Owner

Whats the Big Deal??? Gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
When I went to the IS tour, and to different dealerships, I used to say to the Lexus people: "Check out IS300.net"... Now I am too embarassed to recommend it anymore since they will come here and find a filthy mess...

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
hmm.. dunno.. but I agree w/ geoff a bit there.. smra you are kinda weird. You should calm down a bit when people talk trash about IS300.. its not taht big of a deal. and that jealousy arguement isn't really working.. you should try something else.

·
Registered
204 Posts
SMRA,

I'll answer you with a question:

Where do you see me waging war with you?

Well, I call it pompous in my parts when you think your S*** don't stink. I am not a troll here I just call them like I see them. I am not a "Hater" or "Jealous". You know who is Jealous of you? Anyone who can't afford a 30K car. So, yes the tegs, civics, etc. But why me? I MADE the decision to buy the CLS with testing the IS300, it was not the car for me, BUT... maybe for my baby, maybe... I think YOU KNOW you are loud and you shoot your mouth off looking for trouble calling the CLS an FWD boat and such so don't play innocent with me. If anything it sounds like you are finding reasons to diss other cars to tell YOURSELF that your car is the best. I am happy you like your car, good for you I am not here to stamp out your fire, just defend what is mine where appropriate EVEN IF YOU THINK THIS IS YOUR PLAYGROUND. Your welcome over at Honda-Acura.net a different viewpoint is always welcome, well maybe not here according to you that is...

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Bottom line for me is the entertainment. You have a group of people who are for the most part intelligent and witty and have a good sense of humor.

I like my Vette but it will be short lived as have all my cars, but let me ask some of you guys something. A lot of my neighbors and people I run into have genuine affection for the Corvette the whole "apple pie" routine, that I really did not understand when I bought it. When people come around I have taken them for rides, I have let my friends and family drive it including an eighteen year old who did not know how to drive a stick. So how anal could I be about the car?????

I really like the IS, I still do, I always give them a good look when I see them and still think Lexus really hit the mark. The only time I dis on you guys is when you start the whole 0-60 top speed mine is better than yours routine, and even then its just to get thrown in the mix, no malice intended (politics being the exception).

Whoever posted the Modena comment, yeah I went and looked at one today, yes I will have a car like that shortly and even then I will probably let the neighbor kid drive it.

SMRA can I drive your car???? LOL

·
Registered
591 Posts
SMRA,

I'll answer you with a question:

Where do you see me waging war with you?

Well, I call it pompous in my parts when you think your S*** don't stink.

What have we done or said to you or anyone else for that matter to make you say that?

I am not a troll here I just call them like I see them. I am not a "Hater" or "Jealous". You know who is Jealous of you? Anyone who can't afford a 30K car. So, yes the tegs, civics, etc. But why me?

Listen man, you know yourself better than anyone in this forum, if the SHOE FITS wear it, if not then don't. But don't be naive.What do you think are the reasons certain people flock here just to harrass Lexus owners and owners to be?? You tell me man.

I MADE the decision to buy the CLS with testing the IS300, it was not the car for me, BUT... maybe for my baby, maybe... I think YOU KNOW you are loud and you shoot your mouth off looking for trouble

Dude what are you talking about?? I only answer negative comments with negative comments. Loud...Shooting Off My Mouth....
Im a Grown Man Dude....Please...Sure I called the CL an Ugly Boat...Doesn't feel too good does it?? But you can't say I said anything negative about the Acura First.
It was always in responding to what I call "Haters" others here call "Trolls" so
NO SIR don't blame me. I truely don't have anything against the Acura Type S.
As you probably know it was one of the First Road Test over at the Site.

calling the CLS an FWD boat and such so don't play innocent with me. If anything it sounds like you are finding reasons to diss other cars to tell YOURSELF that your car is the best. I am happy you like your car, good for you I am not here to stamp out your fire, just defend what is mine where appropriate EVEN IF YOU THINK THIS IS YOUR PLAYGROUND. Your welcome over at Honda-Acura.net a different viewpoint is always welcome, well maybe not here according to you that is...

Sure, Thanks for the Invite.
I've actually been to the Acura Forum many times. But Never felt the need to behave like some Non-Owners behave here...And NO, Im not just talking about Acura Owners. You know that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts