Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys think i should shave my badges or replace them with "altezza" badges :1 on the trunk and 1 each on the front fenders(where my SD badges are now)?
and can someone tell me how the altezza emblem on the jdm sport grill goes on?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
personally i think the trunk looks clean with only the "L" it keeps everything symetrical (sorta)
and logos/ badges on the side is a little bit much for me, borderline overkill.
heres a shot of my trunk:

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
SeXiLeXi said:
do you guys think i should shave my badges or replace them with "altezza" badges :1 on the trunk and 1 each on the front fenders(where my SD badges are now)?
and can someone tell me how the altezza emblem on the jdm sport grill goes on?
badges on fenders?? :lol:

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
baadhabit said:
AsianSensation334 said:
im just wondering when you remove all the badges from the trunk do you need to use goo be gone on the surface where you remove the badges?

-ringo
no. just a good towel and lots of scrubbing.
I also would wax the trunk too, get it all nice and sparkly :wink:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
alredxiii said:
baadhabit said:
AsianSensation334 said:
im just wondering when you remove all the badges from the trunk do you need to use goo be gone on the surface where you remove the badges?

-ringo
no. just a good towel and lots of scrubbing.
I also would wax the trunk too, get it all nice and sparkly :wink:
might be an off topic question but i have 03 CW and i purchased it in feburary, but the question is my car paint ok since i havent wax it @ all? all i did was wash it ever since. my mom told me not wax my car? wtf she's a dumbass i believe but i need some suggestion

-ringo

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
AsianSensation334, in all probability your paint is okay, especially since you washed it regularly and your car is very new. however, it won't hurt to wax it ASAP.

exposing your car to sun w/o a layer of wax is like tanning w/o sunscreen

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
scottschoe said:
AsianSensation334, in all probability your paint is okay, especially since you washed it regularly and your car is very new. however, it won't hurt to wax it ASAP.

exposing your car to sun w/o a layer of wax is like tanning w/o sunscreen
thanks bro for the advice. just for that imma go suplex my mom or somethin for being a dumbass :crazy: :lol:

-ringo

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I wax my car almost every 1-2 months...Summers suck here in Texas, nothing but sun and humdity...oh well

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
back to the emblems....i used that goo gone stuff and that was a no no!!! itdidnt take the paint off, but it took the finish off and now you can see where the emblems were if you look hard enough. i will have to have my paint guy re-do it. but anyways, i took off all the emblems, and then i took the IS300 one and painted it white, and re-attached it in the middle where the big L was. i think it looks pretty damn sweet. I will try and get some pics on here ASAP.....

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm just wondering why people go and spend the money for a lexus only to go and remove the emblems and make it a toyota?

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
its already a toyota......i paid the money for the car, and just because I took the emblems off doesnt change the car. its just for looks bro, and I am trying to be unique. there's only about a million IS's with the emblems the way they are from the factory, so I am trying to be different.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I shaved the "lexus" and the "is300" but I'm leaving the "L" in the middle. People recognize the "L". When they know they've been passed by a Lexus they feel better about it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
bad to the bone, those wheels look nice, im a big fan of the stock ones, but nice taste, i woulda got the raised spoiler though if i were you.

·
Registered
570 Posts
10secondIS said:
its already a toyota......i paid the money for the car, and just because I took the emblems off doesnt change the car. its just for looks bro, and I am trying to be unique. there's only about a million IS's with the emblems the way they are from the factory, so I am trying to be different.
that's reasonable, i just think people who drive a lexus, mercedes, bmw, etc. know why they're payin more money, so why change...Im not raggin on what you did, just didn't understand why

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I just put the Sport X (smaller than normal IS300 emblem) black chrome "IS300" emblem...looks pretty nice and plus people still ask me what kinda car it is...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I woulda still bought the car if it were sold under the Toyota name.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts