Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so... i recently got my lsportlines and car dropped on stechs. it seems that the back wheels are slanted with negative camber (? not sure if htat's what u call it) and the inner tire tread is being worn away.

any advice on how to fix this would help. thnxx guys.

-winston

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
alignment! I have stechs also. they almost got mine into dealer spec but its off a little. Personally I think when you lower a car past a inch your going to have inner tire wear no matter what. But some people say they get theres all the way into spec. good luck

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm okay, i "supposedly" got my car aligned the other day, but i question their quality. i'll go back and ask. thnx.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I did my drop then aligned the same day. 1 month later I re-aligned and I am glad I did. As your drop settles you should re-align and make sure you’re close to spec.

The dealer did mine and gave me the printout of the re-alignment. It's worth the money... Get it aligned again and your tire wear issues or camber problems should disappear.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Chan said:
You're supposed to get an alignment after your springs settle in I believe.

Chan
Yeah a couple hundred miles, or 2 weeks. something like that. The springs will settle a little lower. Then take it to get the alignment and get the printout of the specs. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
his springs were used.

Where did you get your alignment? And with a 1.5 inch drop, you should have abour -1.4 degree's of camber (on a well calibrated machine).

Your toe settings are drastically off if you are ALREADY noticing tire wear. Camber doesnt affect tire wear with such a mild drop. Now if you had -3 degree's of camber, thats a different story.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Here's my problem. I also have Tein STECH and right after I installed it I got an alignment within a day or two of installing it. Should have I waited a week or so, so that the springs would have settled in? My inner tires are so bald that im going to my third set of wheels now. I dont want this to happen again. I will be replacing the tires and getting an alignment soon . I will post alginment specs before and after. .

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
flyfl1pguy99 said:
Here's my problem. I also have Tein STECH and right after I installed it I got an alignment within a day or two of installing it. Should have I waited a week or so, so that the springs would have settled in? My inner tires are so bald that im going to my third set of wheels now. I dont want this to happen again. I will be replacing the tires and getting an alignment soon . I will post alginment specs before and after. .
how many miles or months did you replace three sets of tires in.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
flyfl1pguy99 said:
use the specs that i gave you. Jesus i need to have someone make this a freakin sticky.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
you should get alginment service done everytime you change the height of the car, don't even wait unless time does not allow. in that case just don't drive too much

1 - 13 of 13 Posts