Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Tein S Tech springs with about 90k miles on it and on stock struts/shocks. The struts are pretty much done, time to replace them. My question is, should I change the springs too or is it OK to replace just the struts/shocks?
The driver side rear sits lower than the passenger rear, that is because I know the driver side struts are worst than the others. If I replace the struts with the same springs, will it level it evenly?

·
Registered
45 Posts
you don't have to replace the springs. Just the clutch. I would just ditch the springs and purchase full coilover set up. Unless you're going for better shocks. like KYB and etc...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assumed you meant shocks, not clutch. Well that would be good, bc I didn't want to change the springs. They look and ride great until the shocks started going out. I am going with Tokico Illumina. I want to go a little stiffer for handling purpose.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I assumed you meant shocks, not clutch. Well that would be good, bc I didn't want to change the springs. They look and ride great until the shocks started going out. I am going with Tokico Illumina. I want to go a little stiffer for handling purpose.
Koni Yellows+Tein S springs = sex. I have that setup on my IS.
Handles and rides great. Stiff setup, but still rides like a Lexus. Only time you'll feel a bump is if it's a really really bad bump in the road.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Tokico Illumina shocks are great, get those. I have those same shocks on my car. Amazing little shocks they are. Yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.