Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonite i was approaching the a traffic light and about to turn left...
the road were quite slippery and i had my shit winter tires on.
I knew the tires aren't capable of hard cornering, i already braked before I turn, but my front right tires caught some sand or some shit and i just lost control... hit the curb HARD.....
the front right wheel is broken and wrecked quite badly...
had it towed to the lexus bodyshop...
anybody had this experience before?
about how much it is going to cost and how long it is going to take?
oh i am so depressed...
my car has not yet gone past 10000km...
:(

·
Registered
631 Posts
Sorry to hear that :( If it was only the rim/tire that got damaged, you still have a spare you can use (full size I assume). I'm guessing the worst could be you need to have an alignment done. Going back to your rims, you can probably find one in the the sale/trade forum who might be selling just one rim. If not then you can buy one from the dealer. I believe I saw someone posting $350.00 for one rim. Good luck.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Well if the rim was badly damaged, then it must have been a pretty bad wreck. Most likely your whole suspension is screwed. Look into a couple of grand if that happens.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Same thing happened to me ..................broke 2 rims and fucked up my suspension........it cost like $1000 just to replace the suspension.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i got full set of OEM IS suspension. THey are about 1k miles. Almost brand new. I can sell it to you if u want. just pm me.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
From one Edmontonian to another, sorry to hear... :(
I have winters (Blizzak LM-22's) on my IS and yes the dry winter roads are hazardous on the turns...

Good luck. Let us know what the damage costs (knock on wood) in case we ever need to find out for ourselves...

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
You are a dumbass and you get what you deserve. You should have known better than that to be driving with speed on snowy roads on shitty tires. I assume your insurance is not gonna pay you for the lack of common sense.

Look for a bent control arm first. look at around $2500 to fix it at the dealer. :roll:

·
Registered
201 Posts
That sucks, there're just too many accidents story around here. You guys gotta be careful, especially when it's bad weather. I know it's common sense but then why are these stories poping up. Personally, I'm gonna be extra careful this winter.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Yikes, sorry to hear about your incident. Be prepared to replace a control arm(s) and an alignment at minimum. You might get lucky and not have to do anything at all. Same thing happened to me in my previous car and all I needed was a new wheel and an alignment (lucky). I don't know how I got away with that one but everyone else I know who's done that ran repairs > $1000.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Get some good tires when you get it fixed.

Bridgestone Potenza RE950

...they're great in the wet and dry, last long, and can handle snow.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Geeze big daddy

Cut the guy some fuggin slack :roll:

What if it was you who had this accident & posted & He was the ONLY ONE who slammed YOU how would you feel...?

I'm sure he cares little for your caustic remarks anyway but damn bro... bad day at work...??

It's not like he painted the fukin tire treads with armorall & then went joyriding in the rain.... :wink: :wink:

Regardless you have NO idea what exactly the conditions were & HOW FAST he might have been going....

shit, i've slid out on sand oil fuk all kinds of shite is on the road these days, i've been lucky not to slam myself.... except for the one time i crawled around a corner on my interceptor after a freakin car lunched its tranny or sumpthin, & painted the road with its fluids..... I tank slapped at 5 MPH for 20 yards before laying it down... ONLY cuz a freakin UPS truck was stopped in front of me & i had no ability to stop before slammin into the back so i laid it down.....

BTW
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Sorry to hear 'bout your accident bro glad yer OK!! good luck with the repairs...

ed G.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That happened to me in April.. it took about 4 weeks to fix my car.. they had to order all the parts.. They did a good job, I think they charged me 1,600.. :( sorry to hear that happend it sucks.. Good luck with the car..

Kel-E

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Sounds like a good opportunity to get s suspension upgrade. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
101 Posts
i was up in montreal 5 weeks ago and coming home to mass on my way
between montreal and vermont it just out of no where snow strom and i knew the IS is shity in the snow so i slow down to like 25m all the shity cars that i was flying earler just going right by me i didn't wanna go off the road so just doing 25m no winter tyries couse didn't think it would snow, to make long stroy short finaly off the road in to the medial, front bumper is gonne radiator, suspensions not badly, it was drivable but cost me $3500 it was freezing so no over heating much.
but lighter side i claim with my insurance for wheater related accnt...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IS300 Fanatic said:
From one Edmontonian to another, sorry to hear... :(
I have winters (Blizzak LM-22's) on my IS and yes the dry winter roads are hazardous on the turns...

Good luck. Let us know what the damage costs (knock on wood) in case we ever need to find out for ourselves...

today i got a call from the bodyshop, and it is going to cost $3800 to fix it... about $4000 if i want to fix the rim also...
holy shit... lexus parts are so expensive... also they rip you off if you bring it back to lexus.....
my friend works in a bodyshop as a mechanic and he says they can do it for around $1500 at most... what a rip off... but it is involved with suspensions and stuff so i don't want to have other ppl to do it except lexus...

to everyone... pls drive safe... you wouldn't want to find out the price after an accident especially with high end cars like the ones we have....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
20 Participants
IS300Blitz
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing