Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
What model? Where did you get them? And it seems ur a SUB owner , ya or no?

David

·
Registered
220 Posts
This guy knows JIC in and out too. hehe. As a distributor we're gonna be doing some research into finding out where these are truly constructed. If you've had problems with JIC suspension aside from Dave of course, please list your name here. Along with the issues you've had.

I don't believe we've been getting accurate information from the importers and therefore want to take a survey of issues that have arisen. I'm looking for vehicles that have never been in an accident. If your chasis isn't straight we cannot make an accurate assesment.

Peace.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is300soon said:
What model? Where did you get them? And it seems ur a SUB owner , ya or no?

David
Ya, Subey owner I am. This is the inverted monotube on my rear struts. I got them from JIC directly, when I worked there......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump. Yay Zeal. Boo JIC. Boo Tein, but only for being a cheap ass twin tube setup. Might as well buy lowering springs instead of Tein, if price is the only issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What the heck??? Dude, burn marks? Somebody's been punishing these. That makes me concerned. scoobyrs25? Is this Kevin? What's up man? It's Rex. Shall I be concerned bro? Haha. How much will it cost to get these things rebuilt/revalved? I have the FLT-A2's. I haven't noticed anything wrong yet... What happened to yours?

Rex

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
im in talks with jon over at JIC. it seems that JIC does now admit there is an issue with our rear dameners and is going through a process on fixing it. the question is how many of us will get the new shocks for free/discount? i dunno.

-Noisy rear

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frydryce said:
im in talks with jon over at JIC. it seems that JIC does now admit there is an issue with our rear dameners and is going through a process on fixing it. the question is how many of us will get the new shocks for free/discount? i dunno.

-Noisy rear
Get everything in writing from that lying sack of poo.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just wanted to give an update on my coilovers for all you guys with knocking noise from your flt-a2's. A few months back I took my car down to LA to JIC and they put new rear dampers on for me. They still made noise so they put on another set. On my way home it became apparent that the rear dampers they gave me were not dampened like the original ones and were not matched to the front. I had them send me back my original dampers. Jon offered to get me the Japanese spec dampers to try out but I declined because I didn't want to spend any more time on installations and I requested a refund.

He authorized a refund and told me to return them to autornd (where I purchased them). Autornd wouldn't give me a cash refund - only a store credit. Jon said there was nothing more than he could do beyond crediting autornd for my coilovers. If they wouldn't take them back than I was basically stuck with them. At any rate, I decided to pass on a store credit because I couldn't think of anything I really wanted to get for that amount of money. A couple weeks ago after seeing more posts from Kevin finally admitting that it wasn't the "Lexus chassis welds" but actually the coilovers making the noise, I called up Jon and asked if he would still offer the refund. He said he would, so I sent Rishie an email saying I would like to take a store credit if he couldn't do a direct refund. He replied saying that I waited to long and couldn't even get a credit.

At this point, I'm used to the noise and I've always liked how they handle, and after much fine tuning the car handles awsome, so I'll be hanging on to them for the time being. For those of you who are in talks with JIC, see if they'll offer you a refund through your vendor. Since JIC will be crediting them they shouldn't have a problem taking your return. Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts