Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I filled up with some cheap 93 octane gas yesterday at my local Costco (1.53/gallon). Ever since, my IS has seemed sluggish and I have a nasty, burnt smell coming from my exhaust. My car only has 1,500 miles on it. Did I screw it up with this gas? What should I do?

------------------
Tony Mack
SBM IS

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
From the subject line on this thread I was going to suggest some maalox...

Sounds like you just need to burn off some of the gas and fill up with a good quality gas.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
From the subject line on this thread I was going to suggest some maalox...

Sounds like you just need to burn off some of the gas and fill up with a good quality gas.

man the imagination is running tonight! You crack me up. I can not stop laughing over here!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't mean for it to be funny, but you're right...it is.

------------------
Tony Mack
SBM IS

[This message has been edited by Tony Mack (edited October 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey! i use costco gas in my new silver/black is300!!!! i've filled up twice now.... what kind of gas do you guys use??? chevron? shell? arco?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mobil and Exxon are the two best gas out there 92Octane. Really good gas i would prefer no other gas stations. Any rice rocket racers out there will tell you.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
TonyMack: i don't think anything will be wrong with your car, what i would do though is find a good gas station and fill up the rest of the tank with that gas. thats what a tech suggested me do when my girlfriend *accidentally* filled my car up with ****ing diesel...i was bout shiet my pants..luckily she noticed after about 7/10th of a gallon..but my car runs perfectly fine now, in exception to long trips..the car engine would sometime die out on me.......im kidding. good luck

[This message has been edited by Lexus_IS300 (edited November 16, 2000).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts