Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with Street Keys getting a master key. Mine's been a nightmare. My car only came with the valet key, so I decided I'd try them out instead of overpaying at the dealer. I sent them my ECU to be reflashed and ordered a master key. It took me about 3 weeks to get my stuff and they forgot to send me the instructions for key programming. They finally sent me the instructions a couple days later, but they're no different than what I see on the forums. They require an already learned master key. That was the whole point of me sending my ECU to be reflashed!

Anyway, I programmed the remote no thanks to them, but the key is still not programmed. I can still only start the car with my original valet key. Has anybody out there been in the same situation as me with only having a valet key? If I could find a way to get my car in "programming mode" without needing a master key I'm thinking I can program it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
192 Posts
you're sure it came with the valet key only, and it's not a non-remote master key? You can tell by what the blinking security light does when you insert the key into the ignition.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
First, what year is your car? I believe 2001s can't be re-flashed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The key that came with the car is a gray Lexus key. I'm pretty sure it's the valet key from what I read. The security light stays on for about 2 or 3 seconds when I put it in the ignition. I think I read the light only stays on for a second with a master key.

The car is a 2002.

If my ECU got reflashed, wouldn't my valet key have to be reprogrammed? It still starts my car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts