Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my car in a parking lot yesterday and a dump ass parked next to me put a dent on my front passager door while I was at work. when i on my way after way, there is rock came out of nowhere and put a half inch crack on my windshield. now every time i look at my car, the crack and dent are driving me nut. I have full cover on my insurance, can I call them up and get money to fix my car? If I do that, are they gonna raise up my insurance? or just get the money out of my pocket to get those fixed? please help me out.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
moliang said:
I parked my car in a parking lot yesterday and a dump ass parked next to me put a dent on my front passager door while I was at work. when i on my way after way, there is rock came out of nowhere and put a half inch crack on my windshield. now every time i look at my car, the crack and dent are driving me nut. I have full cover on my insurance, can I call them up and get money to fix my car? If I do that, are they gonna raise up my insurance? or just get the money out of my pocket to get those fixed? please help me out.
I am an insurance agent and strongly suggest you dont put a claim in. Pay for little things yourself and have insurance as a back up for large claims. Its not worth the claim history for something that small. If you get it done yourself, both things fixed will be about $600 or so out of pocket cost. Trust me, fix them yourself!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sorry to hear that. You may want to check with your insurance about the windshield. Here in SC, damaged windshield repairs are fully covered and do not require a deductible and will not affect your premium. If you check with your local "Dint Wizard", chances are they can repair the dint for less than $100. This will save you from having to file a claim or pay a deductible.

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
The windshield should be covered under comprehensive. They won't raise your rates for that. The other is collision damage, so I'd get that fixed out of my own pocket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts