Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
replaced faulty bank 1 sensor 2, o2 sensor now that its working, check engine light came back on for the catalyst efficiency codes (p0420, p0430), one is for bank 1 and other bank 2, so is it the cats that just so happen to fail at the same time or is car running to rich? if cats are bad, then i'll just straight pipe it with some new headers off ebay, but then i was thinking what about the o2 sensors behind the cats, well i guess thats what the o2 simulators are for? seem like the right choice? my decision will be made with peoples responses, if it is the right choice please post a link to where i can buy o2 sims

·
Premium Member
11,575 Posts
Is your exhaust stock?

Did you check for leaks?

It could be an O2 sensor problem not the cat.

If your state is lenient when it comes to exhaust mods and you want a few extra HP with a little more noise then just get a header and o2 sims.

Lastly - if you're within range and it's the cat Lexus will replace them at no cost to you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your exhaust stock?

Did you check for leaks?

It could be an O2 sensor problem not the cat.

If your state is lenient when it comes to exhaust mods and you want a few extra HP with a little more noise then just get a header and o2 sims.

Lastly - if you're within range and it's the cat Lexus will replace them at no cost to you.
exaust is stock, i have noticed it smells more like a motorcycle exaust and not like a normal cars exaust, well a motorcycle and/or 60' and 70's car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.