Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will be getting my header installed within the next couple of weeks, and I was thinking about running a modded race pipe with it. Modded as in added hi-flow cat. I wanna keep as much low end tq (went with TE header) as possible without going back to the ultra restrictive factory pipe. I was thinkin adding a cat to the racepipe may do the trick. I know TE sells one as such, just wondering how much, if any, of a difference it would make. TIA, rep for useful answers.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
good luck with that one. And we already went on about the backpressure myth, which, it is a myth. Use the search feature

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Split2nd said:
I was thinkin adding a cat to the racepipe may do the trick. I know TE sells one as such, just wondering how much, if any, of a difference it would make. TIA, rep for useful answers.
backpressure?

well it says on the site $250 for the high flow cat. not sure about the power gains. but atleast ur cuttin down on the smell ;)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
high flow cat = no gains i had one on my maxima made no difference maybe 1 hp if any. dont bother. though an aftermarket one usually is a few pounds lighter, but not by much, if your goign for wieght saving them look else where first before this

mine was a random paying $200+ plus for it

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
goohead said:
high flow cat = no gains i had one on my maxima made no difference maybe 1 hp if any. dont bother. though an aftermarket one usually is a few pounds lighter, but not by much, if your goign for wieght saving them look else where first before this

mine was a random paying $200+ plus for it
did you actually dyno your car? bc I had an 01 maxima with a random tech cat and they "said" it was dyno proven for hp gains...I never got mine dynoed though. Also the random tech high flow cat for the acura tsx supposedly gives about a 8 hp gain to the wheels

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Das, kick ass mang. Can't wait to see the results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts