Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 2002 IS, it did not come with a spoiler from the factory. The dealer put it on for me and it looks great. My problem is I have a back window brake light in addition to the LED light bar on the spoiler.

Do IS's that have the spoiler put on at the factory have a back window light? I want to disable, not remove, my back window light cause it looks stupid with the brake light in the spoiler. How would I go about doing this myself?

Anyone else notice this? Help!!!

-E

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: RPMZZZ ]

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
open it up and take out the bulb..
but just think for a second.. you are only allowed to have up to 8 lights in the front on at one time..(headlights/side bumper lights/ city lights/ and fog lights)..but just remember, you can NEVER have enough brake/rear lights..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree w/ dpatterson....I actually just got the same spoiler installed today on my 02 IBP...i thought it would look kinda stupid with the 3rd brake light and the spoiler brake light on, but it looks pretty tight....it may take some people gettin used too, but hey maybe it'll be a new trend...

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, when an IS is ordered with the spoiler straight from the factory, there is no back window brake light. Ask Skycat, he can verify that information correctly as he just picked up his IS3 and it has a factory spoiler on it which came with the car.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Ok, I am going down to the parking lot and verify it now. (another excuse to put my work aside and check my IS out again
)

·
Registered
141 Posts
there is only going to be one CHMSL (center high-mount stop lamp) on any stock vehicle. the vehicles that have the RF (rear spoiler) option will have the CHMSL mounted in the spoiler and all others will be in the rear window...

so vince, it sounds like verone got you handled, yes?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yup, Verone definately took care of me...I was gonne come up on tuesday, but I don't think you were in yet, since I got there at 7:15...maybe next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts