Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i came out of school and they were waiting for me.......and so i followed a new TL :lol: back to there house where the taurus was. Then we went to the highway, and it was pouring down rain........so he decided to get a rolling start at 40MPH so we gunned it,,, and for some reason my fuckin automatic didn't down shift,,,, so i started in like 3rd and he got me 2 car lengths on the start :cry: ..................

...............but once i hit 4th i flew past him goin 130 victory is mine..............i stopped and talked to the guys though they were pretty cool.....it was a stock 5 speed 91 sho!
IS300=1
others=0

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
um, you have some things to learn. You've never heard of an SHO?

Anyways, go to edmunds.com, click USED CARS, and select '92, Taurus, and SHO trim. Then tell me if you have to worry.

Sucka.

-C

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Re: This kid wants to race me in a 92 taurus!!!

bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
even if he does beat me because of his mods(if any) its still a 92 taurus. :shame: Who in the hell would fix up a taurus??? :shame:
you idiot...

if it's running well, look out, especially w/ mods.

3309 curb weight, rated at 200hp, 220 tq.

I hope you have a 5 speed.

and yes, it would still be a taurus, walking away from you.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
the taurus sho uses a semi unreliable but pretty bad ass yamaha build v6, i think he would walk away from you, especially if he was modded

-gte

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I love the IS, but there is nothing I would like to see more, than you laughing in this kids face about having a taurus, knowing nothing about cars, then having him hand you your ass.

Dumbshit.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
willy, your 19" rims wont' be helping you much, either.

They probably are adding a few tenths to your 1/4 mile :shame:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I beat a SHO a few weeks ago. Looked like a '92 but I'm not sure.

It didn't look like it had been taken care of though, so I'm not bragging, I'm just sayin'...

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
I had a 92 auto SHO and that thing was a beast. Just had exhaust on it and it was beefy. That engine (yamaha) sounded so nice when it would wind out. Torque steer was a bitch though. I could barely keep the thing on the road sometimes. Motor was too much for the tranny and it blew out on me when I was leaving a party. Damn ford trannys. If the SHO is a stick it runs 6.5 sec 0-60 if he is a good driver. I would be worried.

And no it is not the V8...it uses the 3 liter Yamaha V6 (one of my fav motors besides the 2jz!)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
do you have any insight on which number of cylinders were offered for which year/model?

Norcal IS300 said:
I had a 92 auto SHO and that thing was a beast. Just had exhaust on it and it was beefy. That engine (yamaha) sounded so nice when it would wind out. Torque steer was a bitch though. I could barely keep the thing on the road sometimes. Motor was too much for the tranny and it blew out on me when I was leaving a party. Damn ford trannys. If the SHO is a stick it runs 6.5 sec 0-60 if he is a good driver. I would be worried.

And no it is not the V8...it uses the 3 liter Yamaha V6 (one of my fav motors besides the 2jz!)

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
IS300GTE said:
do you have any insight on which number of cylinders were offered for which year/model?

Norcal IS300 said:

The V8 didn't come out until they made the jump to the very very ugly style Taurus. 96 I think it was. The V8 is very small. It is a 3.4 V8 that puts out 240 HP and 220 ft/lbs. The SHO version of the 96 Taurus looks better than the regular Taurus but it is still but ass ugly. The difference in body styles between the V6 and V8 is very apparent. Just remember that the newer SHO's have a bubble style body and they have V8's. The 2nd gen SHO's have the V6's. So do the 1st gens but I don't think they are even running now because they are FORDS after all. I have never had as many problems than the problems I have had with my SHO.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ok, that was what i thought it was, i just wanted to verify from someone that had first hand experience, thanks!

-gte

Norcal IS300 said:
IS300GTE said:

Norcal IS300 said:

The V8 didn't come out until they made the jump to the very very ugly style Taurus. 96 I think it was. The V8 is very small. It is a 3.4 V8 that puts out 240 HP and 220 ft/lbs. The SHO version of the 96 Taurus looks better than the regular Taurus but it is still but ass ugly. The difference in body styles between the V6 and V8 is very apparent. Just remember that the newer SHO's have a bubble style body and they have V8's. The 2nd gen SHO's have the V6's. So do the 1st gens but I don't think they are even running now because they are FORDS after all. I have never had as many problems than the problems I have had with my SHO.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the site that i found some sho's on said the 94's and this had a few mods would only run a 0-60 in 7.1 and 1/4 in 15.56. so i don't know.
sorry i don't pay much attention to taurus'. This guy is dipshit (at least the crew he hangs out with is) but hes getting trashed tonight and then hes wanting to race me tomm. i told him i might but i have to do some research on these things before i race sumthing i know nothing about. So i wasn't laughin in his face. The only thing i said is that its still a taurus either way . But id on't even think the fag will show up tommorow.

But if he does i'll keep ya postid

·
Registered
152 Posts
There true "sleepers" 89-95 push about 225 hp but as stated before, the Torque steer sucks. I had a 97 SHO, 235 Hp and 240 fpt and it went. fairly easy to mod up so you might want to look under the hood.

Also, i think the 96-99 SHO's look sweet. Too bad their last year of production was 99.

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Re: BACK FROMTHERACE/This kid wants to race me in a 91 tauru

bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
ok i came out of school and they were waiting for me.......and so i followed a new TL :lol: back to there house where the taurus was. Then we went to the highway, and it was pouring down rain........so he decided to get a rolling start at 40MPH so we gunned it,,, and for some reason my fuckin automatic didn't down shift,,,, so i started in like 3rd and he got me 2 car lengths on the start :cry: ..................

...............but once i hit 4th i flew past him goin 130 victory is mine..............i stopped and talked to the guys though they were pretty cool.....it was a stock 5 speed 91 sho!
IS300=1
others=0
If it was a 5 speed then the SHO is the faster car stock. I dunno. Did he wind out all the gears? I mean that Yamaha is loud at WOT. I bet he has over 100K on the motor and it wasn't at its full potential. Good kill though. Glad you showed him what the IS can do!

·
Registered
515 Posts

bgwillyBadassIS31 said:

IS300=1
others=0
Racing in the rain going 130mph is just fucking stupidity. Don't get me wrong... i have raced people on the street before... but I atleast use some common sense. BTW.. its amazing you were in 4th going 130mph...

·
Registered
4,510 Posts

Black_IS300 said:
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:

IS300=1
others=0
BTW.. its amazing you were in 4th going 130mph...
word!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
13 Participants
bgwillyIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing