Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally got out to the track again.

Got in a total of 4 runs

13.4 @ 108 mph @ 11 psi

13.08 @ 111 mph @ 13 psi

13.13 @ 113 mph @ 13 psi

and the big daddy and I'm still :eek: spun off the line forever

13.016 @ 133mhp @15 psi :eek:

I couldn't believe it and even asked if this is correct and they said yes it was correct 133 MPH :eek:

I was running street tires, Toyo T1's 255/23/18. I was at 35 psi (tire pessure) for the 11 & 13 psi and 30 psi (tire pressure) for the 15 psi run. After my last run, wife called and asked me to get my @ss home ASAP, there were 4 domestic guys who were like damn your car is like a rocket. They were saying with the 133 mhp I should get into the low 12's or even 11's easily if I can just get traction (hint hint, Drag radials) I still wished I could have broken into the 12's but the trap speed just boggles my mind 133 MPH!!!

I have the time slips but our website is down for now so will post ASAP!

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
holy crap man....CONGRATS!!!!!!

wow, maybe a misprint, or maybe the boost controller spiked up, but DAMN!!!!

at 15psi? I dunno, maybe at 25 or so you would get a 133 MPH trap speed.....thats very interesting.....

of course, with traction and drag radials, you got yourself a low 11 sec/high 10 sec car right there....

nice driving......damn, its so much fun going to the track....ours closes this weekend for the season, I got my final runs in last night before the spring....

8)

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
nice runs... how much power did u put down on the dyno at those boost levels??

and 133mph?? WOW!!! traction is key! what were ur 60 foot times??

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
60's were my standard from 2.3 to 2.5. For the 133mph run I literally spun the tires for at least 1 1/2 seconds before the tires caught.

I know I was like no way it can't be but they told me it was correct. Maybe it was a glitch but damn I still couldn't believe it. Maybe it was a mistake but the track officials said it was correct so I don't know.

The last run was with an Altima 3.5 V6 manual (the new ones) with a crap load of stickers. He asked the guy that was gonna run with me if he could cut cuz he wanted to run me (I just wasted his friend in a Sentra). He gave up at the 1/8 mile mark and he pulled a 16.852 @ 72.07 mph. When he was leaving he said damn nice sleeper, I told him can't you see the big ass intercooler in the front of my car :lol:

BTW I was at Carlsbad Raceway.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Congrats bro!!! Don't tell SRT, they might have to change their sig (says something about the only IS to trap a speed of 130+mph--maybe you beat them :lol: )

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
its a glitch, you were only at 88mph in the 1/8, theirs no way you could have trapped at 133 with your set-up. PP's car was over 100mph at the 1/8th.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
you aren't making enough power to go 133mph in the quarter

either the print off was incorrect, or if the clock matched it, the gun was incorrect. 133mph is mid to high 10 second mph. it takes at least ~650 hp for a 3400 pound car to go that fast. i would throw that time slip away

-gte

DL said:
oops forgot to make the pics open to public, I hate yahoo. Well you can click on the link above again and let me know if that's a big time glitch or what? Maybe help from IS300GTE, fairuza11 or those other guys who run the 1/4 mile alot will be able to figure it out, cuz I'm a noob to this sort of thing.

Here's the link again just in case

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tou5672/vwp?.dir=/Timeslip&.dnm=time+slip0007.jpg&.view=t

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm still gonna keep the slip hahahaha, probably should have been 113mph only :D Still looking for 12's!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
GTE, I don't know. My legs don't have 650 rwhp, but when I have to take a serious dump my traps are easily over 150 mph.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Wxman said:
GTE, I don't know. My legs don't have 650 rwhp, but when I have to take a serious dump my traps are easily over 150 mph.
:lol:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
doublins said:
Wxman said:
:lol:
Damn, have you literally timed that. Was it a toilet cam attached with a radar gun or some such :eek: Anyways, I knew it was too good to be true, lol. At least the Altima driver can go and tell his buddies that he got waxed by a sleeper Lexus :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts