Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i also put this into the sticky post for future reference.

Vehicle: 2003 IS300, 5spd w/ LSD

Mods: PLP SFI, XERD Headers, XERD Y-Pipe, HKS Carbon-Ti, SAFCII (tuned).

Result: 235.0 CHP 211.2 RWHP

The Red line was my dyno before he started to tune my AFC. the Green line is the tuned versions. the purple on the bottom was the result of richening the mixture. Contrary to a lot of people's results i ended up having to lean out my mixture to net results. this leads me to believe that i can get a lot more power with either a clean filter or an open element.

I think i could have netted a couple more horses just from changing my oil and cleaning the filter. when we opened up the airbox we found the filter which was originally red was pretty much black. also the oil in my system was nearing its end in addition it had been torn up by a track event earlier.

i will get another dyno with new oil, clean filter, and TRD exhaust cam gear soon and will post results here.

Here is a link to the baseline for those interseted:
http://users.adelphia.net/~frydryce/images/baselineweb.jpg

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bosch dyno's measure crank hp by measuring drag. look at the graph under the Zero line. after the car goes to redline, they let the car spin down naturally which measures drag. so you dont have to guess at what crank hp was.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, it is an m/t. im impressed that drivetrain loss is around 10%

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Hmmm that goes some way to my theory that the car with the header etc etc is running rich... i was pretty sure it was / is.... damn bro with an open element / SRT intake you would be pushing 220 something.. .223/ 225...??

definitely do this again with fresh oil & a really clean filter too... i gotta tune my safc.....

how much was it to tune the safc,...
How many runs did it take to tune it........... time???

edg

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
edgy said:
Hmmm that goes some way to my theory that the car with the header etc etc is running rich... i was pretty sure it was / is.... damn bro with an open element / SRT intake you would be pushing 220 something.. .223/ 225...??

definitely do this again with fresh oil & a really clean filter too... i gotta tune my safc.....

edg
hehe, i told you man.. you should have come :) it was 80 bucks to tune it. its done by some crazy japanese guy that tunes bikes for a living. he also does the tuning for Taka Aono, one of the best AutoX'ers in socal.

it took him about 30 min or so to do my car.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Frydryce said:
edgy said:

edg
hehe, i told you man.. you should have come :) it was 80 bucks to tune it. its done by some crazy japanese guy that tunes bikes for a living. he also does the tuning for Taka Aono, one of the best AutoX'ers in socal.

BTW, Very nice #'s you got there.

Taka Aono is a very good driver, autox or Karting. He is very fast in his Hachiroku. BTW, was/is this shop Hiro's Auto repair in Costa Mesa? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Frydryce said:
edgy said:

edg

can you give me the number of this tuner. I need to tune my afc. $80 is a great price. where is he located?

BTW, nice numbers!

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
in order for this pricing to go through we need to setup a meet. when i got my car tuned i was with 6 other people. (2 tuned 4 ran).

this shop was at zero factory. done by the guy on my dynosheet. all of his info is on the dyno sheet. im not sure if Hiro's shop has a dyno.

so if you guys in socal want to setup a dyno run/tune day let me know and ill let taka know to schedule a date/time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts