Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Roger not running I managed to come out on top.

I planned to run Heat 19 but SpeedRing was so backlogged that I had to bail out and get home.

In heat 18 I had the best laptime for the group with a 0:32.753
then came Paul at 0:33.360 and
HyperMKIV at 0:33.596

When I look at my results page I see that I actually had 5 laps that were quicker than anyone else:
0:32.753
0:32.96
0:33.08
0:33.13
0:33.29
0:33.31

hmm... I guess I am pretty good at this. Surprising considering that I have only autocrossed a couple of times and am new to SpeedRing.

I hope everyone had fun today!

========================================
Darn SpeedRing was getting so backed up running 30 minutes+ behind schedule that I was late getting home even after bailing out of the last heat. Also as I left they neglected to return my drivers license so I had to go back later to get it.

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited January 28, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah - I got T-boned as well. Those side bumpers absorb much of the impact but I still got a "kidney punch" from the seat.

What "Shiv" in heat 17 the Impreza 2.5RS mod journalist?

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:
What "Shiv" in heat 17 the Impreza 2.5RS mod journalist?
Shiv as in Shiv Pathek (sp?)? He's a Miata dude too. He's testing a supercharged Miata with the TEC-II ecu, getting almost 200 rwhp with 7 psi. He's the guy who had the 300 rwhp Miata as well...

------------------
Tony
'01 Stock Spectra Blue
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i don't think that shiv guy was part of our group. we had a couple open spots so they let two dudes drive with you guys...

by the way TEG...you wanna see my best times for heat 19???

oh TEG...by the way...after our little "encounter" with my supra...i got the hose back on solidly...and the car boosted to 25 PSI!!! i even turned off the boost controller and it still does it. i think my HKS EVC III is broken...so i'll hook up the AVC-R this coming week...next time we meet up...i'll make sure it's working right...so you can really feel how much power it has. i can't control it in first and second...i have to drive it with only 3/4 throttle now...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
398 Posts
Wow, wish there was a speedring in Japan. I think Honda made the Motegi for Indy or something and its the only speedring I know that exist here. And its only about 14 hour drive away...(which means about US$600 for tollway charges + the traffic jam).

You guys wanna come to Suzuka circuit (where the F1 Japan takes place)? Its open on weekdays. I don't know how you can get your cars over the Pacific though,,,hehe.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
heh...this place is a go-kart place...check it out... www.speedring-kartracing.com

and i'd love to go to japan...it has been my goal recently...to go to japan...i'm japanese and never been there yet...well, actually...been there 8 times in 2000...but never outside the airport...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
hey TEG...did you notice that girl that was with us...racing in heat #18??? well, she was a cover model on an issue of import tuner a while back...so i guess the other guys missed out...anyways, i guess next time you other guys might have some incentive for coming down...heh

http://www.importexpo.net/images/webpics/0081.jpg
http://i5.yimg.com/5/596f2f56/g/dabba99f.jpg

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

[This message has been edited by HyperMKIV (edited January 28, 2001).]

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey, I saw that place on TV the other night!

They had a Japanese talk show host who likes cars race with Shinji Nakano (I think he's in Indy or something now) in that place.

So thats what the speedring is. I though it was an open air Oval speedring like you see in Nascar. (I was wondering how you can finish a lap in a course like that in 30 seconds...)

If you're coming to Japan (and to the Nagoya or Kansai region) you know who to call. My Altezza's not that Hyper like your Supra, but you don't see Altezza turbos so often!

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
if i go to japan...it will be near the narita area...we have an office there...i think it was the funabashi prefecture...and i'd love to see an altezza in person...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HyperMKIV:
Sorry I had to bail out before heat 19. I guess you were just warming up in heat 18, eh?

I didn't notice Jasmine - my wife is probably glad too...

I think Shiv in heat 18 might have been _THE_ Shiv since I saw two impreza 2.5RSs pull up in the parking lot just as we did.

Also - did you guys check out all the M-coupes in the parking lot?

I have heard that speedring is "sold out" for like the next 6 weekends in a row.

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited January 28, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By the way - there really IS a difference in the cars at SpeedRing. Some are better than others.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Oh great.. bring an import model this time that I can't go because I'm sick.

btw, didn't any of the other guys that went last time go this time also ? I don't see any of them replying.

--k

Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
hey TEG...did you notice that girl that was with us...racing in heat #18??? well, she was a cover model on an issue of import tuner a while back...so i guess the other guys missed out...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
so ya beat out all the honda onwers huh?

Originally posted by TEG:
By the way - there really IS a difference in the cars at SpeedRing. Some are better than others.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sorry I had to bail on you guys after heat 17, but I had to pick up my tires before the shop closed and head on down to Buttonwillow.

By the way, TEG has conveniently forgotten that I beat all of youze Lexus boys in heat 17.
Here are my times:

Not too shabby for a bimmerhead.

Req was at 32.7+ in that heat and TEG at 33.066.

[This message has been edited by Young (edited January 29, 2001).]

·
Registered
541 Posts
By the way, there were no IS300s at Buttonwillow. Lots and lots of bimmers, lots and lots of Japanese makes, and even one Mercedes, but no Lexi. C'mon, guys, I know girls with more balls than you all. Get your arses on the track!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Open offer to any IS300.net regular... If your excuse for not tracking your car is that you don't want to damage your daily driver, I will let you share my car at a track event.

Fine print: You will, of course, be responsible for any damage you inflict on MY daily driver.

[This message has been edited by Young (edited January 29, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
12 Participants
HyperMKIV
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing