Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from pro lex performance. Got the silent flow intake installed by mike, who i must say was a really nice guy. He even gave me a ride in his supercharged is300.... wow. that thing pulls. he kinda scared me on the turn... hehe. i know that some people have had problems with intakes and the check engine light but Mike assured me it wont come on. So far so good. the intake looks great.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
AEGis300 said:
Just got home from pro lex performance. Got the silent flow intake installed by mike, who i must say was a really nice guy. He even gave me a ride in his supercharged is300.... wow. that thing pulls. he kinda scared me on the turn... hehe. i know that some people have had problems with intakes and the check engine light but Mike assured me it wont come on. So far so good. the intake looks great.
So how did the cabin sound with the Supercharger??

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
<alredxiii>

Today was the 1st time I had a chance to ride on IS300hotttie's TBKO supercharged (ATI Procharger) car. My 1st comment was "that ain't loud...what are the folks complaining about?" Remember, this is comming from a guy who thinks his L-Tuned exhaust DOES have a drone at hwy speeds. I do not want a loud car. This passed the test.

Standing in front of the car, with the hood open, you can hear it. It makes a distinct noise. Kinda like a strong vaccum whine.

Standing behind the car, with the hood open, you cannot hear it.

Standing in front of the car, with the hood closed, you can barley hear it. As if the vacuum was in the basement, but you can still hear a muffeled whine from the floor above.

Sitting in the car, while driving (gettin' on it) with the windows down, you can hear the BOV, but the whine blends in with the rest of the car/wind noise.

Bottom line: If you have one of the louder exhaust systems on the market, this supercharger (I cannot say for others because I have not heard them...but I assume they would be comparable) will not offend you :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike put the windows down during the drive and it sounded a lot better than i expected... kinda high pitched, but not real loud... though i wasnt paying too much attention to the sound... i was in it for the ride... all i can say is wow.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Anytime, please be sure to come by the grand opening on Aug. 23rd. Sorry for the aggressive turn, but handling is all part of the total package from PLP 8) .
Mike

AEGis300 said:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, its ok. I hope I get to ride in it again sometime. I decided that i'm going to move in at night on the 23rd instead of in the morning. That way i can make it to the party. See you there! Oh, and what exhaust was it that you have? I forgot the name, because I want to find an exhaust that will pass smog check, and i dont want any tickets. Thanks again Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts