Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is for people with turbo. has anyone had problems with stalling or bad idle due to blow off valve not feeding back in? my car runs smooth at idle but once i get on it and let off, it seems to want to stall. idle drops down low then bounces up again. usually after blow off and coasting to a stop. cant figure out whats going on.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I responded and I have no turbo, but my guess is your venting measured air(you have you BOV after you maf sensor). To fix you can swap or recirc though Id personally move maf after the BOV. I dont really understand y recircing works that might be for vehicles with flap style air flow sensors.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That happens if your bov spring is too loose and lets out too much air and doesnt close fast enough. you might want to tighten it and that might solve your problem.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will try tightening the bov and see if that helps. it does flutter a bit when it blows off. kinda like a "pss psss psss pss" sound. i am using the emanage. it has a anti engine stall function on it but i cant figure out what volt to clamp it at.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
is your bov b4 or after you maf?

vahe said:
i will try tightening the bov and see if that helps. it does flutter a bit when it blows off. kinda like a "pss psss psss pss" sound. i am using the emanage. it has a anti engine stall function on it but i cant figure out what volt to clamp it at.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats right, my bov is after the maf. it might be the reason why but i know of other cars i have seen that are also that way. damn, this sucks.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
yeah standalones usually. let me know what u find out

vahe said:
thats right, my bov is after the maf. it might be the reason why but i know of other cars i have seen that are also that way. damn, this sucks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shet. ill try a couple things in the morning and see what happens. ill report back.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hey Vahe, I have the HKS SSBOV. You will get a shutter (pss psss psss pss) from it when you're barely boosting. When the boost gets going, it will sound awesome!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah I get that also, at 1st I was like wtf is that sound, loose exhaust, piping or what cuz it kinda sounded like a rattle snake :lol:

But at full boost that psssssssssssssssssssssssssssst!!! just puts a big smile on your face.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
well the toyomoto setups have BOV after the maf sensor...they dont stall.... and my setup is Maf after the BOV and my car does not stall so maybe it is tuning..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats what i was confused about. the thing that i thought might be the reason (explained to me by sentinel) is that toyomoto uses a standalone and im using the emanage. i dont know if that is a reason. im going to go over all my vacuum hoses in the morning then tighten the bov spring and just double check everything. i guess i can check all connections on the intercooler and piping but i dont think that would effect stalling after blow off / letting off the accelerator.

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
wut kinda setup u have? :p

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
hmm since toyomoto uses a standalone (ill assume with a MAP) maybe the maf is just for the stock ecu so it doesnt matter if its getting an accurate reading?

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I know there are other kits without the use of a standalone that have the Maf in the intake pipe before the turbo and before the BOV that have no problems,

·
Registered
262 Posts
vahe ...
Are you vin on the emanage board?
if you are then how did you get it to idle right? you just said hey it's working but didn't explain how you did it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes, i am vin in the emanage board.
it idles ok, it just dies when i let off the gas or when it blows off and i coast to a stop. i just set everything back to zero on the airflow map on the low end. well, im off to check things out now. im going to see what i can find out. the only other thing that i think might be the problem is i have one of the vents from the valve cover going into a catch can instead of feeding back into the intake. im not sure if that would make it do that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts