Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
25509IMG_0001-med.jpg When I first laid eyes on the <B>February 2005</B> issue of <B>Import Racer</B> magazine, it was the cover shot that first captivated me. It was the left half of the front and the left side of a Lexus IS300 L-Tuned, speeding along in a beautiful, artistic blur. But it was more than that. It was the color. A gorgeous silver-with-a-tint-of-blue, the likes of which I'd never seen on a Lexus IS. This was clearly NOT Bluestone Metallic!<BR>
<P>Then my eyes wandered down to the headline: <B>"SHOWTIME: Shauna Bowen's 330 hp Azzuro Altezza".</B> Yes, our very own <B>ltunedgirl</B>'s ride was there for all to see and read about!<BR>
<P>The article, written by <B>Edward Loh</B>, contains these particularly priceless passages:<BR>
<P>"I noticed her car first... I came across this clean black Lexus IS300, kitted and lowered on a rare set of 18-inch SSRs...I noticed this blonde crouched down, cleaning the wheels.<BR>
<P>...I quickly glanced around to see if there was someone else, someone more <I>male</I>, that I could grill for details about the car...<BR>
<P>Moments later, I got a swift figurative kick to my chauvinistic nuts when I learned that not only does this woman own the car, she styled and built much of it herself, during time off from her job as an aerospace engineer. I still get a stomach ache thinking about my first encounter with Shauna Bowen."<BR>
<P>Well...we don't. Instead, we get the urge to smile and celebrate how Shauna's incredible imagination and hard work have produced this amazing car. The black exterior paint has given way to <I>that color</I>, which is no less than Azzuro California from a Ferrari 360 Modena! An interesting rarity for an IS300, it has a <B>Turbo East</B> (formerly TBKO) <B><I>supercharger</I></B>, installed by <B>Luxury Motorworks</B>, as were many of the other modifications, albeit under Shauna's watchful eye and, quite often, her VERY capable handiwork. That supercharger, by the way, is tuned to produce 11 psi of boost and 329 <I>wheel</I> horsepower.<BR>
<P>Once again, congratulations on this superlative accomplishment, Shauna!

Attachments

Reactions: buister

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
In one of the pics of the mag, they photochopped via horizontal flip and fixed the "Tuned" of L-Tuned back to the correct config, but left the L backwards, so it's the only "J-Tuned" Altezza ever featured, haha.

congrats (j)Ltunedgirl!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My God, that is one beautiful IS300! I love how the wheels match the color of the car, the whole package is just gorgeous. Congtatulations, Ltunedgirl.

·
Registered
648 Posts
WOOAH. I can't believe how much she progressed! I still remember when you had those 2 subs in the back in boxes like I did. and when you let me have your Hotchkis sways and Luxury Motorworks. I can't believe i got to be in your car before I feel COOOOL -____- hahahaha congrats

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That is the same sub box. I removed the the MDF where the subs were, replaced it with Lexan then made new holes for the subs on the other side and made the brace inside the box.

This was the last project I did before of what is described on the lower right of Import Racer on page 53. 6 months after that I was released from the hospital.

Congrats Shauna!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just picked up the mag for $3.60 at Wal-Mart today. What a sweet ride! I can't believe she is selling it. What is the deal? First Wino_II and now her. :suspiciou

1 - 14 of 14 Posts